Family Cycle

Family Cycle

A Story by *~DreamDeamon~*

Through the yelling and screaming, a little girl is crying.

 

Her mom and dad always fighting, she is always hiding.

 

Things are thrown across the room, she clings to her stuffed animal froggy.

 

When all gets quiet, the alcohol and pills are shoved down the paretns throats.

 

The days go by, more fighting and screaming, she finds better places to hide.

 

A kitchen knife goes missing one night, and the fighting starts again.

 

When her dad gets close to hit her mom, a knife is pulled.

 

Her mom tries to use it as leverage, but the drunken father is not phased.

 

He grabs the knife and slits her throat, and stabs himself in the chest.

 

The little girl screams and falls to her knees, could she have stopped this she thinks.

 

A few hours the police arrive, they take her away to the orphanage.

 

A month goes by, now she has a new family, but this does not cure the pain away.

 

She lies awake every night shoving pills down her throat, just like her mother did.

 

As she grows older, 16 now, the pills are replaced with alcohol.

 

Down the hatch each gulp goes, just like her daddy did.

 

She loses herself in this drunken state, no more pain is felt, she is invinsible.

 

This goes on and on without stopping, this family shes with has to many kids.

 

So nothing must be wrong, if shes getting away with it.

 

She strarts hanging with the wrong crowd, dressing in all black.

 

Being an out cast, a pill popper, a smoker , a drinker.

 

A candidate for lung or liver failure.

 

All because no one takes the time to notice.

 

Or because thats all she saw those first percious years of her life.

 

Everybody else is wrong and she is right

 

This has to be the way to live life.

 

 

© 2011 *~DreamDeamon~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so sad and dark.. it reflects the generational curse passed own from parents to child. This was so good and wonderfully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very Dark... But reflects an intense pain... Again poem reflects as the writer don't need a sympathy...But just want to make the reader know that how strongly she living her life...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is hauntingly sad. Almost too graphic.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Darkness lurks in every corner of this poets wording, well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


the dark parts cause me to appreciate the light even more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Tiffany, it's impossible to review your work, becasue the story you have to tell is a painfully personal one and it's very hard to differentiate between the work and the emotion. In one sense, you have a story to tell that is important for you to communicate and that is a good thing, as difficult as the story may be to tell. It helps to articulate feelings and poetry is a wonderful way to express feelings. I encourage you to continue writing. Just keep at it and don't worry about structure or rhyme or meter, or anything else at this point. Just keep working with expressing your observations and thoughts in words. You're doing great.

Posted 12 Years Ago


...Wow... Oddly, this reminded me of a story I'm writing... *I should probably post it for all to see* But this is much better than the story... much, much, much better ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


an excruciatingly painful expose' on the riddles of guilt and self compromise, well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 13, 2011

Author

*~DreamDeamon~*
*~DreamDeamon~*

Chiloquin, OR



About
Im a very complicated, sensitive, and well just diffrent girl. If you review i will review back! ~First name: Tiffany ~Middle name: Marie ~Last name: Viray ~Religon: Agnostic ~Writing s.. more..

Writing