Feelings of the wind!

Feelings of the wind!

A Poem by Drew
"

The changing threads of thought of one that is seeing life anew through fresh open eyes.

"

Feelings in the wind!

 

I walk to clear my head, to feel the cool crisp night air on my face.

I know I am alive as the blood pounds through my brain echoing in my ears.

I walk with purpose and deliberately, my pace is measured to a purpose.

What the hell is this purpose?

 

My mind races ever ahead, plotting my next move, planning my life as it moves through the winds of change.

My decisions are clear and concise, they have a purpose - like an icy blast of wind,

And to that end I stride.

 

It seems but only months have passed since I saw your eyes across the room and felt the tension building across that divide.

Then as if by design our movements were of one purpose �" our minds of one desire.

It was as though the years of being friends in life, all came to a stand still.

 

Ours lips touched and hearts raced, time stood still as we wove the web that was to encircle us.

Lust took hold but didn’t consume, it became a driving passion, but not the end of the road �" only a new beginning!

 

My purpose clear and concise became a new design, one that was alien to the realm of my mind.

My thoughts became focused on other issues than those wider a field, my mind worked in overdrive.

It became a force that is hard to first explain, it drives, it moulds, it changes thoughts and actions in ways long since relinquished with youth.

 

The days, the weeks, the months and years they have passed by like an endless wind.

Lust has been replaced by passion and desire, with a need to feel consumed.

Feelings of new dimensions that once were only part with the young,

Actions that betray ones inner being to only the most discerning eyes.

 

Oh how life itself changes as the wind blows through and around.

Tugging at clothing like feelings at the heart,

Pushing, pulling, bending and shaping as a storm amongst the trees.

 

It is only as I step back into the cool crisp night air, with the wind eddying around that life is recognized as that which it is �" a complex woven garment that needs to be grasped and held close about.

 

Life is so short and too precious to avoid the experiences that I feel and need!

I must learn from the wind, move in and amongst all that I see and meet.

Make the most of the beautiful moments and learn to love the experiences of this life.

Lust, love, friendship they are all part of this life.  I welcome them into my arms.

© 2010 Drew


Author's Note

Drew
Written as my life was going through major upheaval and unrest - needing to clearify the thoughts and feelings of my mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whatever upheavel you are experiencing has promoted some beautiful writing my friend. The perspective here is genuine, I felt as though I was walking there beside you in the wind... although I probably could not keep your pace, I felt a taste of the freedom and clearity that comes in those personal moments of just taking a walk.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010

Author

Drew
Drew

Adelaide, South Pacific, Australia



About
Male caucasion with a passion for well written text. more..

Writing
What a woman! What a woman!

A Poem by Drew