Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver

A Story by Drow
"

Just an odd dream I hope I never have again

"

The sound of children playing filled my ears. There was a game going on, all the kids kicking this pristine white ball. Beside me stood two tall men, both mutes, surprisingly. One had shaggy black hair down past his ears while the other had what might have once been blonde. They were both dressed in torn coats that looked like they had seen 'many' better days, even though it was a warm, sunny day.
I looked down at my lanky figure. It was obviously not for strength or fighting, but running. My lips pursed in thought for a second before I started walking down a shoddy path. It was slightly muddy, another odd trait for something in such a sunny place.
The ball zipped by my right shoulder. I turned and began jogging. Again, it whipped right by me, only this time, on the other side. The sounds of feet were getting closer as well as their calls of witch, demon and freak.
Desperately I sped up, wanting no more than to be free of this. I ducked behind the tall man with black hair and they stopped. No, they did more than that. They started playing as if this was nothing.
A tap on my shoulder aroused my attention from its horrible thoughts. It was the boy whose name I knew before he spoke it. Helna. It seemed so girlish, but it fit him and he wore it proudly. It was one of those things you got used to quickly.
He shot me an apologetic look and turned his head to view an overweight boy. Said boy plopped down by our fire barrel. Helna had his hands on the youth's back, massaging out the lumps and asking him questions about his work. It seemed as though mostly everyone was comfortable with me as long as Helna was around.
Suddenly a black work shot out of the metal can and skewered through the obese boy's stomach. Screaming filled the air as I backed up. Calls of 'It's the plague! Run for it!' seemed to stretch into eternity. Long blond tresses fell in my eyes. By the time my sight was back there laid a pile of bones on the ground.
I would've shrieked had I not noticed the worm-like creatures knotting together and multiplying. They stuck out and seemed to be blood-thirsty.  Most of the voices screaming had quieted forever as I tugged Helna's arm. It was time to run. I stumbled around the area before finding a path clear of the slimy monsters.
We stumbled through the dark underbrush as the sky seemed to turn black. There was no light here in this land. It seemed like hours we plodded on, no stopping in fear of being caught. More than a few times our path was blocked by the demons.
The sight of skulls popped up ahead of us. 'We came this far already?' There were two possible routes to take, straight or up a hill to whatever unknown danger there was. I reached for Helna's hand and dragged him upward as black shadows hung from the skulls.
There was no escape.
Sounds of grunting came from nearby, indicating a new presence. A corpse lay at the top of the hill, blood dripping from a dozen open gashes. There was a small make-shift hut filled with holes and cracks. Voices sounded nearer than expected, startling both myself and my companion.
I pushed my friend down and dragged the carcass over us both. A snarling voice seemed to dig into my mind not a minute later. “Looks like Goryll dragged one down with her.”
Light blasted into our vision as the carcass was removed. My eyes slammed open to peer into a creature with thick green skin. The bald on the top of its head seemed to shine as her broken smirk reached me. “Looks like you'll make good seekers for now.”
Looking into the disgusted face of my only friend I could only wonder what was going through this kind boy's head and what she had meant.

© 2008 Drow


Author's Note

Drow
Yeah...I don't understand the maneating black worms either...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting dream, but for a story it needs a bit more discription. I like it though. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2008

Author

Drow
Drow

Canada



About
I've always enjoyed writing, it's something I do mostly in my head but eventually they either get written or forgotten. Somethings do have a habit of popping up again more often than not. It's my goal.. more..

Writing
Challenger Challenger

A Story by Drow


Burial Burial

A Story by Drow


Warning Warning

A Story by Drow