Ripples of Dream and Stone Throws of Reality

Ripples of Dream and Stone Throws of Reality

A Poem by Sweet & Tender Hooligan
"

If all is true are we the ripples or the stone?Time is not yours.Rain can't wash clean your brain.Young minds ain't as open as they may think they are.What is ours and can everything be taken?

"
If all is true are we the ripples or the stone?

You reached for heaven but you've only gotten closer to hell.

Be all you can be and be you, not me
Uprooted trees frightened of what they can't control.

You can take my soul and dreams but you can't take my spirit.

Don't be someone else, life lives around us, be who you are
Crossing hearts and stealing souls young minds ain't so open.

Bibles, manifestos and popular culture 
Dig deep into the skin of those who are impressionable.

Out of time you wipe the stars clear from the sky, cause you haven't your own dreams.

Shadows shading pathways out of life, everyone's prettier, better and smarter 
Trees covering the shades of dream, the clouds in the sky scratch my wrists.

Out of the darkness time is not yours alone, some of us don't belong in our own time.

The day pulls the tears out of those who cry themselves to sleep.

© 2011 Sweet & Tender Hooligan


Author's Note

Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Hang onto your dreams and your soul. Cause some devils are out to get them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

The Persistence of Memory By Salvador Dali. I am amazed at your take on that mystic piece by Dali and frankly, I am quite overwhelmed. Are we the cause (ripple) or the effect(stone)? But eventually, even if existence is shady, it is important to love whatever existence we have and not be a shadow or a glitch of what we are meant to be or what most tend to do..A great message, a great call. I like this cent %

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lot of meaning and lessons packed into here. People can be so impressionable, quick to lose themselves. This is a good reminder to remain as we are, and as we're meant to be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful work. Very thoughtfully penned, something many people need to hear.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!! Such wisdom summed up in so few words. You are very wise beyond your years. If only all young people (and old too) could read this and inhale it's meaning into their inner being and learn to be who they are meant to be and not a clone of the rest of the world. I loved this poem. you write truths indeed!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Out of time you wipe the stars clear from the sky, cause you haven't your own dreams." - loved this line! very interesting manner of advising people to dream - truth is, who knows if actually dreams aren't reality and viceversa?!...


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The day pulls the tears out of those who cry themselves to sleep."
This was a really impactful line to me. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh wow! you my friend are very talented. i love the line"You can take my soul and dreams but you can't take my spirit." it really stood out to me keep up the work.


Posted 13 Years Ago


this imagery is amazing, again it goes with the self questioning but now is not only lost but blaming pop culture to make us alienated and equals in the sense of identity.
"the clouds in the sky scratch my wrists."
that line is simply sublime

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful... captivating... this is great... the expressions and their usage.. and the concept and the way you tell.. is brilliant... i love this piece... may seem sad or little dark.... but it is directing to the general good with pieces of truth sprinkled over it... keep writing more like these... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1227 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2011
Last Updated on March 1, 2011
Tags: devils stealing souls, ripples, time, dreams, soul, life, poetry, poems, plagiarists, impressionable, young minds, thieves, bibles, manifestos, popular culture, brainwashed, sickness of time, hell

Author

Sweet & Tender Hooligan
Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Newport, South Wales, United Kingdom



About
I'm Russell from Wales. I've been writing for many years. Writing is important to me and its my only reason for being on this site. I like to take my time on my poems and I hope to keep learning an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


animals... animals...

A Poem by Brad