CTRL+ALT+DEL

CTRL+ALT+DEL

A Poem by Breezie Kae

Ode to the plastic, keeping me sane;
it seems that the trees will no longer remain.
When the life-force runs out, I won't take the blame -
I'll just blame the natural.

Artificial is replacing the actual;
we only have room for convenient and accrual.
Intimacy is replaced by the casual -
we just blame the television.

We can blame the commercial for making our decision;
blame this corruption for morality's excision.
Omit the the karyotype for this revision -
we don't miss the fertile.

Our way of life is becoming so senile;
developing our own has become out of style.
Our entire lives rest in a computer file -
may I please press control, alt, delete.

Without synthetic we feel incomplete,
behind the robotic, we will retreat;
we all give into our defeat.

© 2010 Breezie Kae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree the flow to this commentary on modern life is done very well. Very nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Expressing a common sentiment of the modern age, the snappy sounds and strong rhythm (in most stanzas disrupted by the final line) make this a charming poem of frustration.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whether the technologies takes away from our lives or streamlines things to make life easier, can be argued. There are those of us feel replaced by the next door robot and there are those of us who relish the fact their job is made easier by electronic aid. Two sides to every coin and this issue is no different. We may be relying too much on electronics, but we have no choice since that is how life is progressing. Either we get with the times or get left behind. There is no room philosophy here in my opinion; it's a "get in or get out" kind of mentality. the world will not change for us so we have to ride along.

Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes you wrote the truth in your poem. We have found more comfort with the key board then human contact. Total poem had strong purpose. I like how you ended the poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this. I mean, like JJ says from good times. its dynomite, really, great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good...very rhythmic and it flows well. The first line, "ode to the plastic", is a very strong line and it starts the poem off with a bang.
There are some places where it becomes a little wordy (for instance, the first two lines of the fourth stanza),I'm not sure how you would fix it though because I like the message that the actual words are saying. Overall, excellent job! =)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Emily B