Sevenling I (You don't need much...)

Sevenling I (You don't need much...)

A Poem by Breezie Kae

You don't need much for this journey:
A nice pair of leather boots,
a hunting knife and a heart.

Don't forget experience,
protect yourself from the sun;
don't eat the poisonous berries.

Don't keep making the same mistakes.

© 2010 Breezie Kae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this was good. I liked it a lot. I agree people do make the same mistakes. Including me. I make them all of the time. Especially with this one kid that I can't stand. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha, this is so cool! :) to me, it reads very *american*, if that makes any sense -- sort of a playful mix of a boy scouts' handbook and some of pop's good ol' fashioned fatherly advice on how to be a man... even the cut-down structure of the poem reminds me of american practicality -- it's like you didn't want to waste a word or bullshit around... so, i guess i'm trying to say i like how you made your content reflect structure, maybe? :D ...whatever, i like this a lot, and that last punchline's a killer... great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The start of an epic tale, or a note to self? You manage to pack a lot in seven lines! I write those 140 character poems from time to time. Pretty challenging, but you did a good job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A wise seven lines. A interesting style of writing. I like strength of the poem with the "seven-ling" being used. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've introduced me to the "seven-ling", as I haven't known about it until now :)

It seemed very random to me at first even though it's got much more than a haiku for example. I like the line "a hunting knife and a heart". I don't think you really think about bringing your heart to a hunting trip, but I guess it's as much as putting your heart into a performance.

Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2010
Last Updated on June 26, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..