Menace To Personality

Menace To Personality

A Poem by Daniel Valentine Rivera
"

Written: May 26, 2016

"

Let me take the time to discuss my recent thoughts regarding my personality and behavior.

The conflict inside me has never been more pivotal and the consequences never greater.

On my facial surface, there isn't a hint of me being troubled, so as to not stress my neighbor. 

But I can't keep pretending to love myself, for when I evaluate my personal morals, I'm a failure. 


When you're told something repeatedly, like being called fat, the mirror makes it even more evident. 

The same analogy goes along with being called rude, worthless, ungrateful, or simply irrelevant. 

Mirror mirror on the wall, please don't show the truth at all, for I am unconsciously malevolent. 

Mirror mirror on the wall, instead of pointing out the flaw, show me how to be benevolent. 


Sometimes it's like my very own presence bothers certain people and induces unease.

I can't blame people for despising me, for people hate what they can't understand or appease.

There is a few people that enjoy my company, but even they sometimes treat me as a disease.

Disappointing, offending, and hurting the people that I care about must be my area of expertise.


I tend to laugh at my misfortunes because I'm aware that my life is a joke. 

It succeeds in making myself optimistic and strays away from letting it provoke. 

This leads people to view me as immature, with judges that have me by the throat. 

Nobody knows me better than I know myself, and these words have always served as my antidote. 


Any given situation, without a set of operation, can lead my actions to reach it's limitation. 

Cracking down under pressure, and panicking for good measure, forgetting the values I treasure.

Nothing left to rationalize, and I'm inclined to be paralyzed, my pure intentions will agonize. 

With nothing else in mind, my happiness falls way behind, and life won't serve me as kind.


Ironic how the words I spit in this poem are the words that only I understand. 

There are times where I feel alone and other times where people take my hand. 

I could just need a consistent way of feeling, and a routine to keep my head in the sand. 

Plain and simple, I'm a menace to my own personality, and this isn't at all the way I planned.

© 2016 Daniel Valentine Rivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We all go through those ups and downs whether we plan it or just happens. Life is full of surprises and lessons. Excellent...:)...............

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on December 9, 2016
Tags: Confusion, Low Self-Esteem, Depression, Alone, Disappointment, Hate, Hypocrisy

Author

Daniel Valentine Rivera
Daniel Valentine Rivera

NC



About
Hey I'm Daniel. I try to be friendly! I welcome your criticism and feedback. Anything and everything you want to say I will take into consideration so that it makes me a better writer. Enjoy.. more..

Writing