FRIENDS

FRIENDS

A Poem by Eagle Cruagh
"

Just let me be a friend to man

"
FRIENDS
 
Let us examine the condition
Of which you speak
Perhaps there is something
I can do while at my peak
 
Like maybe be a friend to you
What can I do
For that is what a friend is like
It is just to be true blue
 
And what is true blue you ask
It`s to undertake any task
Just so you don`t need to
And I`ll be off my back
 
Now the question still needs
An answer  since civilization
Hangs while my heart bleeds
So, here goes a dramatization
 
Friends, fellows, countrymen
Do you remember that man who died
That we might live
He was my friend, he never lied
 
Do you remember all those men who died
That we might be free
They never thought of `selves
They only lived for you and me
 
Do you remember all those folks from 9-11
Were they thinking of themselves ?
I think they worried for the ones they loved
And perhaps a little for the One Above
 
Now we`re getting somewhere with this
If friends died for us who knew us not
Can we call our fellow man our friend
Even though his life has never been our lot ?
 
You bet we can, you, every woman and man
Must be my friend and you certainly can
Do you remember the wholesome soul
Who lived by the side of the road ?
 
I will build my house by the side of the road
and be a friend to man.  Remember ?
Nothing said about who is going to be my friend
Just know me as the one you will turn to
In the end----the end.
----  Eagle Cruagh

© 2008 Eagle Cruagh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a strong piece that articulates what the genuineness of friendship to our fellow man symbolizes! The word friend seems to be taken lightly, as do the people that give their lives so that we might live ours!
"Now the question still needs An answer
since civilization Hangs while my heart bleeds
So, here goes a dramatization"
One of my favorite stanza's; as you narrated this so well, but the whole piece was excellent ~ Jude :-)


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A knack you must posses with a wonderful metre and form, the lines just keep the reader trailing along very nicely with some nice rhyming! And very interesting lines, do i remember...? perhaps not, but this part really knawed on my brain...

Do you remember the wholesome soul Who lived by the side of the road ? I will build my house by the side of the roadand be a friend to man. Remember ?

a most remarkable piece, one to remember for time to come!! Excellent work!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful strong piece. Loved it. Thank you for sharing.
Lexie

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the sentiment of this. It gets tricky to read, though, because the rhyming and the flow get a little off due to punctuation and syllable count. The rhythm is easy in the first few stanzas, but gets longer and more complex in the later ones, which (for me) took away from concentrating on the words because I had to stop and find the new beat.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this poem! I think every person should read this because it shows how wrotten people can be when they only think of themselves. By just writing about what a real friend is, what the unknown friends have done for us, brings a pang in my chest realizing i don't spend enough time thinking the sacrafices others do so i can have a normal day.

Very very powerful piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

eagle this is beautiful and really made me think. I think I can count my true friends on one hand and my false friends are too many to count. Love and true real friendship is a rare gift indeed. Maybe this can open the eyes of many and inspire people to be a better friend and neighbor. We desperately need it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Do you remember all those men who died
That we might be free
They never thought of `selves
They only lived for you and me "

This is my favorite passage of the poem I think. I absolutely love this and agree with every word you wrote! It is my favorite poem of all the poems you posted. I consider myself a very patriotic person. I love my country, the people who live it, but especially those who have served to protect us, past and present. I have the utmost respect for anyone who has served in the military, and it is my deepest regret that I, myself, never had the courage to join the military and protect our great land and our people. We(The USA) are not perfect, we have our flaws, but we still are the greatest land to live in by far. My friend, this is a GREAT poem. I wish there were more people out there that feel this way. We all need friends like this to watch our backs. I am lucky, I have those kind of friends...and I hope that I am that kind of friend in return.
God Bless America and her people.
~Christine :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First let me thank you for the reconnition. I feel that I fall into that catagory and am still trying to be that kind of friend. Eagle I find this work very strong and think it sould be a contest winner. I have always read everything you have published on this site and always will. I found the work flowing with great image. Great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece did open my eyes, and was insightful, because sometimes I can be self absorbed, and neglect others around me, which we all do at times. However, the flow wasn't as smooth in some parts, and read sorta like a father to a son. But....it's def you, and I can feel your authenticity in this piece. Good to have a uniqueness as a writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your have hit on the source of friendship and that is love. Lets hope that we all strived harder to be there as a friend whenever we find someone in need. Truely Inspiring read.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a very pleasant journey that was! Friendship is a very dear thing indeed, and thank you for that read !

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2008

Author

Eagle Cruagh
Eagle Cruagh

CA



About
-------It is your mind---- that creates this world--- -----Buddha ----------------------- eaglecruagh.blogspot.com .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spider! Spider!

A Poem by Tania Leigh