Monster of the New Age

Monster of the New Age

A Story by EJ's Horror
"

In the 21st centrury, science told us 'There was no such thing as Monsters'. Did we create them or was it our digital era?

"

As I woke up I saw my wine bottle vibrate, my phone was under it.


I read my vulgar text message off my Samsung phone “I DNT MEAN 2 GET INVOLVED U R A WORTHLESS PIECE OF S**T!” Suddenly, my hangover wasn't the most hurtful pain, I pulled myself out of bed. It rained so much, I had hoped the boss would call in and tell me not to bother coming in. Of course I'm not much of a reader without my coffee, so after I grounded the beans, boiled the water and poured the milk. “What the Hell?” I thought. I didn't know this person, why does this person hate me. I scrolled down the text it further read “U R A FUCKHEAD, MEL! WHO CAN DO NOTHIN BUT ABUSE WOMEN,”


“Abuse? Me,” My ex and I had recently had a break up, so I assumed Women being themselves, tend to spread lies and comfort each other in times of crisis. I had only assumed it was Alice's friend who had struggled with an amphetamine addiction. I realised my bus to get to work was about to take off, so I just transferred my coffee to my travel cup, then marched the long dark rains. I grew paranoid like somebody was following me. When I got to the bus stop, I had rolled a cigarette as soon as I was sheltered. I had opened my phone to check to see if my boss wanted to cancel, to be honest I didn't feel to good and that message I read really creped me out.


Since last night was a black-out I hap opened my sent box, the first message had caught my eye, “GO F**K YOURSELF U STUPID HOR! I WISHED I HAD CHEATED ON UR FAT ARSE!”

Oh my God! Our relationship had ended very semi-peacefully and I had done wrong, not only have I injured Alice's self-esteem but I had scarred our chances of being friends again. Now I really hoped my boss would cancel. Too late! I had found myself sitting on the filthy seat, but it was a comfort compared to what was to come. I scrolled down, I was ashamed. I had filled this pour Woman's in-box with my frustration and my alcoholism. Before I picked it up, the sick feeling in my gut had gotten worse.


I felt like I wanted to vomit, so much hurt I've caused the both of us, why did I do it? All those messages. I couldn't count them all. As I read them I felt that hurt as if I had sent them to myself. No matter, my curiosity jumped back to my in-box, I couldn't bare to continue to read her strange friend's abusive text but I felt I had to. My heart paced, like I was developing chest pain. Finally, I read the last of the message and it said, “DA NEXT DRINK IS UR LAST SCUMBAG!”


I felt the pain, even worse. But I begun to think it had nothing to do with the text. I realised I was having a heart attack. From these messages? From my guilt? Or was it my poor choices with my wine?


I felt the vibration of my phone, this had to be my boss. Oh, good, I thought it was a chance to take the next bus back home and rest, I opened it and to my horror, it wasn't from him, but Alice's friend. It read a very small one but “I TOLD U IT WAS!”


If she had poisoned my coffee, then I'm afraid it was a waste of her effort. A waste because the real poison was what I'd drank last night. The bus went black. I fell myself hit the floor at the centre of the aisle, never to be poisoned again.

© 2017 EJ's Horror


Author's Note

EJ's Horror
any advice or critism please, thank you for taking the time to read it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it makes for a strange but cautionary tale.

Posted 6 Years Ago


EJ's Horror

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Tony. I take 'Strange' as a compliment XD!!!
Very intriguing how the heart attack creeps up on the narrator, with the slow realization that its not just timing but real posioning! But the friend would surely be caught. An interesting tale.

Posted 6 Years Ago


EJ's Horror

6 Years Ago

Thank you DIVYA, I'm very flattered someone who's very in touch with their pen liked it :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2017
Last Updated on August 1, 2017
Tags: phiosophical, horror, evil, barbaric, toxic, death, love, drug, drink, phycotic, rude, experimental, sex, relationship, ex

Author

EJ's Horror
EJ's Horror

Rural, Queensland, Australia



About
Monsters surround us everyday, we just don't see them until it's too late. more..

Writing
Logbook Logbook

A Book by EJ's Horror



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..