The Gene

The Gene

A Poem by EYES OF MY SOUL
"

Beyond Minds.........

"
   I want to be happy i want to be free but the gene thats inside doesn't want to let me breathe.
There are times when i choose to follow civil order and things in my life go according to plan,but than thats when the gene unravels from inside me and desires me to be free..For the longest time i have been asking myself what is wrong with me,so i surrendered to the god people say can set you free. Growing up i followed the God but in they end it was the gene that took over me.Slowly different aspects of my life started to be affected ,my love life ,my family so i sought to solve the problem once and for all signing up for the military ,telling myself maybe i need to get away.So my journey for seeking the god was on and off until one weekend i started to realize who i have become bringing to question i have been this person all along,a wild spirit indeed,one of no order ,everything is beyond limits and that in life no matter how much you try to escape that desire inside you the gene that conflicts with who you are,  is because who you are is what it wants you to be. I am a living example through my trials and tribulations there was no gene to start with ,iv known what iv wanted all along. Because at they end of the day the only enemy you have is your self. 

    The Gene inside doesn't want to let me breath ,little did i know the gene was me.

© 2012 EYES OF MY SOUL


Author's Note

EYES OF MY SOUL
A big battle throughout life iv had between me myself and myself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great! Very well written, and very nicely put. Just a few things though; I've, not iv, then, not than, and there are spaces after punctuation. This is a very nice poem, something to be proud of.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's a very profound fact of life, and it's true for all of us. Definitely for me. It takes guts to admit that, too--for anyone. This is a really awesome poem. I like that it doesn't rhyme (free-verse); some of the best poems in the world are free-verse. Nice work! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 23, 2012

Author

EYES OF MY SOUL
EYES OF MY SOUL

Bronx, NY



About
Everyday i wake i give thanks to God because its because of God i am truly able to live this thing we call'LIFE' I want to thank God for everything he has done and continues to do.I want to thank my f.. more..

Writing
TRUE FICTION TRUE FICTION

A Screenplay by EYES OF MY SOUL