ARSENIC (Not just another pretty poison)

ARSENIC (Not just another pretty poison)

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Exploration of life and existence

"

ARSENIC (Not just another pretty poison)

Nature Is Not As Natural As It Looks

By Earl Schumacker

Most of the Earths water wells in the world are naturally poisoned by arsenic. Why is it not the other way around? I guess this is how it is, in the scheme of things in our lost paradise, thanks to Adam & Eve….or is it Eve & Adam?... Why is it that most of the water in the world is salt water, poisoned, and or unusable for human consumption? Is nature working against us or is it that we do not understand the grand design of the universe? The new findings by NASA that arsenic can replace phosphorus in bacteria and other biologic organism’s molecule for molecule, in perfect sequencing, just opened up a new world of exploration of what constitutes life here and in the great out there, on other worlds. It looks more promising now that our scientist might discover other forms of life in the cosmos because we just proved how tenacious and diverse nature and life can be. COOL! It was only recently that science and NASA discovered substantial water reserves in a lunar crater. We don’t know exactly what kind of water it is but the find is very interesting on many levels. Is it composed of arsenic? Does it contain any traces of former life of any kind? Time will tell. Even if we can’t drink lunar water, the fact that it is water, is exciting because we will be able to convert it into fuel and utilize it for many other interests once we get to it. Getting to it has become a whole lot cheaper. Water is heavy. If we don’t have to bring our own supply of the precious stuff with us to the moon means that the cargo cost, or transport cost will diminish significantly. Human activities seem to always grow naturally beyond the purity of simple science and nature into other, well, for lack of a better term; stuff.

Who Will Own The Water On Other Planets, Moons, Asteroids, Etc.?

By virtue of discovering the water on our moon, does that make the United States the automatic owner of it, to take claim of it, including arsenic, old lace, other minerals & elements or other prevailing conditions as they arise?

It is my understanding that the science world community is treating the moon the same way it treats the Antarctica treaty, and that is; It is a neutral place for all countries to conduct studies but no one country can own it. (That is unless the Russians think otherwise.)

China has taken a general interest in the moon recently. They are sending their own lunar lander to the moon within the next 3 years. Their space program is thriving. The U.S. space program is at a near standstill. In the past few weeks the “Chenge II “ Chinese space ship sent back magnificent pictures of impressive craters and other locations from the lunar surface, for the purpose of locating potential soft landing spots for their missions in the foreseeable future. China is very good at copying and mimicking other countries technologies and adopting them to and for their own ends. Russia also has an interest in real estate here and off this planet. It is not a farfetched idea to think that real estate law and land claims in the future will cover or try to cover all areas of the known universe and in the great beyond, such as; the moon mars, and in particular, asteroids should be explored and implemented for our own interest and future development. You can go on line today in your computer and have a star named after you or you might want to buy a star for your spouse for a fee of $10.00 or more and give it as a birthday or anniversary gift. “Here honey I bought you your own star!” “It’s named after you!” “Isn’t it cute?”

There is very little order in our own world right now. Will we be able to create stability in our universe as we venture outward into the great unknown? Do we want to put a fence around the craters holding the great water supply on the moon with a sign that reads; “Private Property by order of the USA.” “Trespassers will be shot!”…..or at least prosecuted?....or worse!...”Sent back to Earth.” Perhaps a sign may read, “Drink at your own risk!”

Food for thought: Explore; science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-atnasa/2010/02dec_monolake

Or go to: nasa.gov/topic/universe/features/astrobiology-toxic-chemical.html

Nature is not as natural as it looks. We have just now discovered and proved that certain organisms on our own planet need arsenic in order to survive. Somewhere In their evolutionary development these bacteria replaced the common element of phosphorus with arsenic in order to continue life in a harsh and hostile environment. One day we might discover that humans need arsenic or some other perceived dangerous substance in order to survive or at least adapt to life as it changes. That which we perceive as the unknown is that which we do not know…yet... What’s in this and other worlds and what’s in the water? Arsenic is not just another pretty poison.



© 2016 Earl Schumacker


Author's Note

Earl Schumacker
Provocative food for thought

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016
Tags: survival, science, discovery, political, legal, future

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing