Love Is In The Air and So Are Bullets

Love Is In The Air and So Are Bullets

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

Shots and cuts. It must be love.

"

It should be against the law to walk down the village road looking so pretty and picture perfect.  The young couple did just that garbed in the finest fashions money could buy.  It would be a crime to distract them as they look into each others eyes as they saunter by, arm in arm, in loves intoxication.


Buckley and Nan where such a lovely pair in public; the epitome of charm and cordiality to everyone they meet.

At home, it is another story; times filled with gun fights, knives and blood flow in the middle of the night.  


They had just returned from all night drinking and dancing at the local club.  It was something special.


One of them, it not known which one, brought up the nasty subject of returning the toothpaste cap to its rightful and just placement.  That would be attached back to its original location, screwed on tightly to the tube, like holy matrimony.  The small white top was discovered on the floor, collecting all the germs in the world.  Naturally both of them where equally disgusted at the very thought.   Suspicions ran deep that Buckley was the guilty party, guilty as sin.  It will never be determined though.  One thing led to another and the war began.


This point must be stressed emphatically and can not be stressed enough. Both of them are completely, morbidly, devote religious people who never miss Godly services every day of the week.  They are active participants at the village mosque, church, temple, and alter of the Atheist.


Nan started the conflagration by hurling a butcher knife at Buckley, missing his nose by inches.  He in return took out his AK-47 and began to shoot in her direction.  This did nothing to improve the furnishings in the apartment.  As a rule the place was kept in an immaculate state of perfection with exotic well appointed expensive fixtures.  The configuration of the unit and rooms were tastefully, even masterfully designed.  The over all appearance of the apartment was stunning.


Imagine the impact this must be having on the relationship.


They both took cover to assess the situation, to take a break, to plot one another's death.  Such things happen to lovers.  They scrambled to separate rooms to figure out where more weapons and ammo might be stashed.  Normally they look so cute together.  It is amazing how things might spiral out of control over the misplacement of a common toothpaste cap.  There could be no truce in their future or reparation to their relations after these events unfold to their logical conclusion.  Someone could get hurt or worse. 

   

To be continued.

© 2016 Earl Schumacker


Author's Note

Earl Schumacker
If you are a lover of furniture avert your eyes at the necessary time. It could get ugly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its mythical ..the import of toothpaste caps, toilet seat lids, toilet paper hung this way or that .. the the insult of the cap not only being left off ..but found on the floor is absolutely unforgivable .. and i am sure the tube was not properly rolled up at the bottom either ...i can't wait to see the culprit justly punished :)
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Earl Schumacker

7 Years Ago

Hi E. I predict many divorces will be served up after the Hilary and Trump election... It will go s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on October 26, 2016
Last Updated on October 26, 2016
Tags: Love, hate, weapons, religions, conflict, confusion

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing