Help Wanted Ad

Help Wanted Ad

A Story by Earl Schumacker
"

The perfect ad for the right person

"

Help Wanted


We are looking for a domestic helper; someone between 94 and 96 years of age in perfect health and physical condition. You must be someone who can lift 200 lbs and more with little effort.


My wife is a filthy pig with dirty habits that disgust me to the core at every turn. She refuses to take more than 6 baths per day. Can you imagine that?! Your primary task will be to lift her and dip her in a sanitizing tub of cleansing solutions for her own good.


The perfect candidate will be perfect in every way. You must have an impulsive behavioral disposition for cleanliness. Labels for every item in the house will be supplied.


Germaphobia is a must and preferred if you must know. People with more than 2 feet need not apply. A non smoker goes without question. Proper references and credentials are required. A haze-met uniform for an interview is needed. (Pure oxygen is optional.)


Being conversant in proper English without an accent is preferred. Doing windows is a must.


We need a person who carries a bottle of disinfectant spray in their left pocket at all times, ready to spray it at an given moment in an emergency, which happens to be frequently and often.


Please reply to this P.O. Box address: 222 Tidy Bowl Lane, Angola Ohio. Use a sterilized paper and envelope to respond. Please do not lick the stamp. (Use the sticky kind.)


The pay will be contingent on your experience but it is $3.50 cents per hour to start. If you are exceptional the pay scale could reach $3.60.


People with dirty thoughts will not be considered. However, you are allowed 2 thoughts of a sorted nature two times a year. (Halloween and Flag day...for no particular reason.)


Only serious candidates need apply to this ad. We look forward to abusing you.

© 2018 Earl Schumacker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol
I hope no one eggs your P.O. Box.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Earl Schumacker

5 Years Ago

Hi Cherry, Thank you for commenting. There is nothing that anyone can do or say to me that will e.. read more
Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Earl we gotta have humor
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
E.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Earl Schumacker

5 Years Ago

Hi E. Yes. That's right. $3.15 an hour... What? Do you think the little old lady of 95 should g.. read more
Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

we all need the absurd now and then says i! ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2018
Last Updated on December 13, 2018
Tags: silly, fun, abuse, want ad

Author

Earl Schumacker
Earl Schumacker

Atlantic City, NJ



About
B.A. Degree in Literature and Language. I enjoy writing short stories, poetry, novels and keeping up with new scientific discoveries. I enjoy philosophy and Art appreciation. more..

Writing