Addicition is a Funny Thing

Addicition is a Funny Thing

A Poem by Ebits
"

The first step is admitting that you have a problem...

"
Addiction is a funny thing. It laughs with you. It's pals with you. You tell it your secrets and it says it'll keep them. You buddy up, you cuddle up, but it holds you too tight, and when you fight, it laughs in your face and laughs at your plight. It grips you, it trips you, it throws you down and kicks you. It gets the best of you. It'll be the death of you. But damned if it'll let you go, damned if you should let it show, cuz then you're weak and meek and slow. And you don't know which way to go to get away, so you can stay alive and sane and whole. You don't know where to set your goal, cuz no matter where you run, you know that right before you're done sprinting in this deadly race, you'll turn and there will be its face. You know that every single time, laughing like it's all just fine, inside, outside of your mind, it's blocking off the finish line...

© 2011 Ebits


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on November 22, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011
Tags: addiction, deadly, race, problem, life, give up, giving up, fighting, hopeless

Author

Ebits
Ebits

Shirley, NY



About
I write in spurts. Furiously at times and not at all at others. I have no form. Whatever happens, happens. more..

Writing