Part 7

Part 7

A Chapter by Alex Avery

"Man, that was a little bit creepy," I say to myself, looking around nervously. Laughing quietly to myself, I started to walk back towards the crack in the earth. I began to feel a pair of hands on my back, but it wasn't until I was staring deep into the heart of the abyss did it hit me what was happening. I felt a strong push, and I fell into the chasm. All I could feel was jagged rocks tearing into my back and sides as I slide down the near vertical wall. After a time, I came to rest at the bottom, only a pale sliver of light filtered down, illuminating the area. I stood, stretching my back, torn and ragged from the fall. I groan, wounds opening up farther then they were before, a fresh spurt of red painting the ashen ground. To my relief, no serious damage was done. Slowly, I began walking deeper into the abyss. As I walked further, I began to hear a soft scraping sound bouncing off the narrow walls. My foot brushed something and I looked down to behold a skull. I bent low to examine it, using the light from my phone to get a better look. "This is some weird s**t man," I whisper to myself, seeing the tell-tale signs of braces on the remnants of the teeth. Slowly, I began jogging down the crevasse, looking for a way out. As I was making my way through the narrow and winding walls, a strange sense of trepidation and fatigue comes over me. Slowing to a stop, I looked around for the source of the feeling. Suddenly, I heard an alien noise echo down the corridor, Something akin to an animal eating something alive. I slowly began jogging again as I neared what looked like an antechamber. As I approached the center, I was assaulted by the stench of corroding metal and rancid flesh. Covering my nose to help brunt the assault of my senses, I cautiously walked towards a great stone table in the very center of the circular room. Upon peering over it, I retched and gagged upon the sight which laid itself out for all to see. It was as if a surgery had happened, but without replacing the organs afterward. The girl's chest was flayed open, and her organs was taken out of their places and placed, still connected, on the tabletop. I couldn't force myself to peer into her face, so instead I looked at her still beating heart and heard her faint gurgled breathing. I closed my eyes as I reached for the long artery leading up and away from the heart, and tore it. Her breathing stopped soon after...


© 2014 Alex Avery


Author's Note

Alex Avery
in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on February 7, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Tags: Horror


Author

Alex Avery
Alex Avery

Lincoln, ME



About
Hey, I'm Alex. Welcome to my world of the macabre and grotesque. I write likeH. P. LovecraftI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Alex Avery


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Alex Avery