Megalomaniac ruler

Megalomaniac ruler

A Story by Eden-Rose
"

A story of a cruel ruler with a cheesy ending.

"
Once upon a time in world filled with flowers, there lived a king, a queen, and their daughter. Their world was bright full of music and light. Where all were respected no mater how small. They were the only kingdom with no maids or servants. It was a place where all were said to be equals and truly were equals. This lasted for many years until one day a man of mystery came riding on his shadowy daunting steed. The citizens were frightened all that had lived in there community were those who had been there for years. The king himself began to worry about this stranger and decided to close the gates to his kingdom. All were aboard this plan except his own darling daughter. She was truly pure with her looks and her heart. She was only 16 at the time but felt as though she knew better. It was even in his own words he said "We all should live as equals." "Isn't the poor man and his steed included in all?" She protested at the now closing gate. Though her father agreed he let his irrational fear decide the mans fate and unconsciously his daughters. After the gate fell shut he sent the nagging teen to her room. Then he sat and waited to see what the mystery man would do. After hours of waiting the weary king grew too tired and feel asleep. When he awoke he checked the gate and what he saw he almost couldn't comprehend. Stabbed through the top of the gate was a piece of his daughter's gown and a note stating: Unlike you I will treat you like my equal.Take something away from me I will do the same. After reading the note the king ordered all go out to find the mystery man. At first it started with volunteers then it turned into a draft. Soon the days turned to weeks which turned into months pushing the king over the edge. In his kingdom that once was full of equals turned into a kingdom of slaves. Every day more people were forced out to search each search party returning with fewer than when they departed. After the eighth month the king had lost all humanity he began ordering those who returned with no promise to death. He even sent his own wife to death for questioning him. When the king was sending out a new search party there was a mysterious knock at the door. One of the men opened it and was relieved to find the princess standing there. The king however was unfazed "Go on, search!" he ordered to the group. The group of people were dumbfounded by the king's request and just refused. "But you have your daughter!" They protested. The king's eyes filled with rage "Don't you get it I want REVENGE!" It was at that moment the people knew they had lost their king. With that they had also lost their freedom and many lost their lives. They say revenge is a dish best served cold because your heart has to be cold to do it.

© 2017 Eden-Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 16, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2017

Author

Eden-Rose
Eden-Rose

Ansted , WV



About
I'm tragically nerdy and I have a passion for music and writing. I also am terrible with words and I suck at writing about myself. I'm also sorry that you wasted your time reading my bio. ~Love Eden&.. more..

Writing