Dancing

Dancing

A Story by JLarsino

“You’re late.” Nick crossed his arms leaning on the yellow dormitory wall. The light was beginning to golden on the mountainous horizon and Dez had a feeling it wouldn’t last long.

“No, you're early.” Dez retorted.

Nick smiled and pushed himself off the wall. “May I have this dance?” He bowed dramatically. “That’s what I’m supposed to do right?”

“Yeah, a little lower next time.” She chuckled. He reached for her and had them dancing in seconds, humming the music as they went along. His hand was lightly pressed against her back and his other hand laid in hers. He had been doing much better lately and if they practiced enough, he would be ready for the play in no time.

“I think you’ve already mastered this part.” Dez said behind a laugh.

“Right, then I’m supposed to turn you out, but gracefully,” he imitated their choreographer's voice, “and then reel you back in. Who came up with these moves? .” Dez snorted as he pulled her back in towards his chest.

“You’ve gotten better.” She said. “But you haven’t been able to lift me yet.”

“Lift you?” Dez shrieked as he lifted her above his waist with ease.

“Not like that!” Nick put her down and crossed his arms.

“I don’t remember there being a lift.”

“Professor Lillian explained it to me.” She said, referring back to their choreographer to hide her embarrassment. “You have to grab my…” She paused and placed her hands on her hips. “here.”

“Okay, I grab your here, then what?”

“Lift and spin me in a half circle, that’s the simple one.” He didn’t waste any time and had her flying around him within seconds.

“That’s the easiest thing I’ve learned all day.” He smiled and Dez caught herself staring at his green eyes again with the little sun they had left.

“What?” he beamed as if he were preparing for her to mock him.

she shook her head, “Let’s keep going.”

They went over a few more turns and steps getting the easiest ones out of the way. Before long the sky turned dark blue and Dez could barely see Nick’s face.

“That’s the first time you’ve stepped on my foot.” Nick said quietly.

“That was your foot? Sorry!” Dez took a step back.

Nick laughed, “I’m just glad it wasn’t me this time.”

“We’d better go. I can hardly see you.”

“Can we do this again? I learn better without an audience I think.”

“Sure.” I’d love to, she added silently to herself.

“Great. Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He started walking towards her but stepped around her at the last minute. “Thanks for the lesson. I may not make a fool of myself on show day.” He paused, “See ya Professor Destiny.” And then he ran.

“I told you not to call me that!” she yelled after him, but inside she was giggling. She was having trouble masking these emotions as she ran back to the dormitories. What was this crazy feeling in the pit of her stomach that made her want to laugh so loud but throw up at the same time? Was this what falling in love felt like or was she mistaking it for frenzy? All Dez knew was that she felt like a little girl again.


© 2014 JLarsino


Author's Note

JLarsino
Goes with my characters from my novel: Clouded

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. I am going to have to read your novel! I couldnt help but smile while reading this. It was so sweet and genuine and I LOVE that kind of stuff!

Posted 10 Years Ago


JLarsino

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Those are all the things I strive to do with my writing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014
Tags: falling in love, crush, love, dancing, practice

Author

JLarsino
JLarsino

Thailand



About
I started writing stories October 2011, since then I can't stop picturing stories in my head. I love writing and I can't help it. I also love reading good stories for inspiration. more..

Writing