The Pursuit

The Pursuit

A Story by Jack Kennedy
"

Just a short story

"
 A woman walks wondrously in the night. She just wanders around while no one else is in sight. I see her there all alone but what should I do? I have a sick addiction that's twisted fiction. When I see beautiful woman like her I almost lose my mind. I must not give in to the urges but this girl I see right now is so beautiful from where I stand. I can't see her face from here but an easy target just presented to me in such a fashion just excites me from my head to my toes. She walks so slow and somber, not even one look back behind or around herself.
She is wearing a dirty red dress. The dress has been ripped from what I can tell. Her flowing blond hair has some dirt and leaves. I wonder if she has been hurt or is she just nuts? My thoughts are racing but once I'm in the pursuit there is no turning back, she is officially mine now.

The memories of my last prize flash in my head as the urge and the thrill start to flare up intensely. I remember chasing a woman down in the woods just last week and got a prize that fitted very well in my collection. I was contemplating retirememnt after that but how can I with such a delighful game right here. Just seeing this woman all alone, pretty much helpless, sends a rush through me. I must have her scalp and nothing is stopping me.
I briefly sneak behind her nice and easy, almost as quiet as a mouse.
She doesn't even notice me, even when I stepped on a twig a second ago, she didn't even stop nor look back to check the noise out. I mean the snap was loud enough to where I thought she heard me. Is she crazy or just careless? I ask myself a few times over but now its getting to the point where I don't even care anymore as she just might be my easiest target I've ever had so far. 

Slowly my knife is being pulled out to capture my prize, I can taste the blood from her scalp, feel it on my lips even. I can feel the rush already as I close up on her ever so quietly, so close I can smell her perfume. I usually don't like public places but this park trail is kind of a great place relax, relate and release if I do say so myself. The woods, the emptiness and the many places I can stash her body when I'm done with it.

I finally have everything in my mind set where she is all mine forever, just like the rest. I reach out quickly and  grab her bony shoulder with a hard swift jerk. Before I could even gather my thoughts quick enough to even move she have some type of mace spray in her hands. 
See sprays me with no intentions to stop even when my hands are covering my eyes and blocking the spray. My eyes are in deep stinging pain as the mace splatters my face. She kicks me straight into the groin, which makes me fall to my knees. What happened? I have never in any instance froze while preying on a victim.

How could I have been so blind? I see a few policemen rush out of the shadows, pointing their weapons at me, telling me to freeze and not to move.
"Looks like we finally caught this sick b*****d." The beautiful woman says with a satisfied smile on her pretty face. 
The police are aggressively handcuffing me. I stare at her with the mace still burning what it seems like a hole through my head. What can I say? My addiction got the better of me.
It always gets the better of me. Even while in the back of the police car I stare at her, knowing she is the one and only one to ever get away. 

© 2014 Jack Kennedy


Author's Note

Jack Kennedy
This is just a short story or an alternative to 'The Smile'...

Any mistakes of any kind feel free to point them out!!

Take Care

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh wow, what an interesting story. It kinda made me think about Ted Bundy. Well the first part, before I knew the intentions of the character in the story, I actually thought he was looking at an attractive woman to date and talking about how beautiful she is. I was thinking that for some strange reason, and then I realized it got completely different when your character talked of killing her. I watch a lot of crime shows on tv, so I like this stuff, especially when the criminals get caught. But after reading that seriously made me think of Ted Bundy. He was the first person that came to mind. Great story and great description and setting. I enjoyed reading.

Cheers,

Stacey

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this! Glad you enjoyed it and I never thought about ted Bundy writing this and.. read more
Stacey

9 Years Ago

Hmmm, that's interesting. It definitely reminded me of Ted Bundy. Interestingly enough, now that I t.. read more
Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Yeah me too! It is actually they have a very interesting mind set



Reviews

Well written. You've given a good depiction into the mind of a serial killer. Great use of description, and setting. I felt like I was right there, witnessing the event. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow, amazing story you have here, Jack. Nicely penned. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good story Jack sore from the ending hurts to read about a kick to the groin painful memories of youthful days but that is what really happens to praetor who miss there prey.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hiya, Jack. Good story, and not bad for starters. Perhaps build the tension a little more before the final lunge....also some grammer points. Punctuation and the use of commas would help a little. Also there is something wrong with this sentence.
"Before I could even gather my thoughts quick enough to even move she have some type of mace spray in her hands."

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow great, dude! I thought it was a sick love story, but hey, you nailed it! You made it different! Cool, dude, really! It's really nice to read short stories. I don't know but I'm not good at it. But yeah, you're good! :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Haha thanks a lot for that! :-) I'm glad your weren't put off by it.
I really liked this! At first, I like Stacey, I thought of Ted Bundy as well :P

I really liked it! I felt like I was there with the sick b*****d! :P

Youre really really good! Keep up the good work!

Yours, Chloe

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you! Glad you were there with him!
Oh wow, what an interesting story. It kinda made me think about Ted Bundy. Well the first part, before I knew the intentions of the character in the story, I actually thought he was looking at an attractive woman to date and talking about how beautiful she is. I was thinking that for some strange reason, and then I realized it got completely different when your character talked of killing her. I watch a lot of crime shows on tv, so I like this stuff, especially when the criminals get caught. But after reading that seriously made me think of Ted Bundy. He was the first person that came to mind. Great story and great description and setting. I enjoyed reading.

Cheers,

Stacey

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this! Glad you enjoyed it and I never thought about ted Bundy writing this and.. read more
Stacey

9 Years Ago

Hmmm, that's interesting. It definitely reminded me of Ted Bundy. Interestingly enough, now that I t.. read more
Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Yeah me too! It is actually they have a very interesting mind set
Great Story! Glad to see you're still writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you for that and the review as well! I'm sure I will be writing forever I hope! Thank again
I see my friend Jennie has already made editing comments that I would have as well, and you said you will work on them.
I liked the content of this story, dark as the subject is, and you built the tension up well. I was pleased to see this creep stopped in his tracks, and arrested, so there is a redeeming value to the tale as well.
Your style has improved a great deal over the months since I first read your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Kennedy

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much Noel! I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

689 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014
Tags: Pursuit

Author

Jack Kennedy
Jack Kennedy

Pell City, AL



About
Others on this site to check out - Jennie Baron Gabby Nieves Eli Jarman NoelHC Maria Rose Kasey Miriam Ana B. Black Rose & There are more out there My name is Jack Kennedy and I like t.. more..

Writing
FeAR. FeAR.

A Poem by Jack Kennedy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..