The Westmoore Secret

The Westmoore Secret

A Story by Elaenor Aisling
"

Who did it?

"

The shattered window’s sprinkled glass lies scattered about the room, but the silence is still whole. Her evening dress is draped over the chair, stained with scarlet arterial spray. Even though time has stopped for her, it still goes on for the clock in the hall that still chimes every hour. Beneath the blushing coverlet, her cold body sleeps, still and silent, it has been so all night. Under her pale, white hand, the penknife that was her last chance, but one that failed her. The knife’s blade is broken, its tiny edges jagged and stained. Lonely and sad, the angelic cherubs, carved into the headboard stare at the soundless scene. Ever watching, they silently mourn their mistresses death.

            Renovations and redecorating have been done without her consent. Death has changed much, from the lavender walls that once calmed her nerves, to bold scarlet, that heightens fear. Ill boding, the stench of death wafts throughout the house, chasing away the happiness that once dwelt there. Darkness falls again, slowly, but surely. In the night, all is hidden by a dusky curtain, though death’s presence is still about. The last sliver of life creeps from the house, and is lost in the abyss. 

© 2012 Elaenor Aisling


Author's Note

Elaenor Aisling
Tell me who did it. It's all in the details. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The dog did it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


she did

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 31, 2012
Tags: Mystery, murder, puzzle, riddle

Author

Elaenor Aisling
Elaenor Aisling

Limerick, Ireland....I wish.



About
I am currently a student. I write mainly poetry, a few short stories here and there. I love to read and write. Favorite authors include, Victor Hugo, J.R.R. Tolkien, Tolstoy, Wilde, Alcott, C.S. Lewis.. more..

Writing