Tears

Tears

A Story by Elemiah
"

Silver and Alexshim, woot.

"

A girl stares threateningly down at the man beneath her with bright, sharp amethyst eyes, and blonde hair hanging down and sticking to her skin where it touched. Pinpricks of blood dot her arms and chest. The man shares the sharp eyes, but the color is a deeper violet. Unlike the lively brightness in the girl’s eyes, his are dark and dull. Long, jet black hair covers his face.

 

A hand held in the air, palm fizzling with dark electricity, ready to come down on its target. After a moment or two of hesitation, however, the girl hand clenches her hand shut, shorting out the attack. The fist drops down weakly onto the man’s chest, the intended victim.

I can’t do it.

 

After a pause, he spoke. “If you’re going to kill me, then do it.” She didn’t respond. Suddenly, a teardrop hit his cheek.

 

“I can’t.” She whispered painfully, as tears continued to well up and drip down. “I can’t.” She repeated herself. Slowly, but with intent, he reached his hand up and brushed the tears from her eyes.

 

“Don’t cry.” Her initial reaction was to blink at him in surprise, but the hands that had comforted her so many times before relaxed her frayed emotions. The moment of peace was fleeting, as her took her but a moment to remember the situation she was in.

 

“How can you say that as if this is all meaningless? You…you…I…I don’t understand….”

 

“Why would you cry over this? I’ve manipulated you and used you your entire life, why would you cry over killing me? You should be happy.” Despite the words, there was no emotion in it. He wasn’t garnering for sympathy. He truly wanted to know the answer.

 

“But you’ve been the only person who’s always been there for me.” Tears began welling up again.

 

“And when I was alone, you were the only thing I had.” Her voice fell to a whisper. “What am I going to do when I’m alone again?”

 

“…I think I understand.”

 

“H...huh?”

 

“I’m not like you, Silver. It’s been almost twenty years since I’ve felt anything but anger. Anger and a…need for something.” Again, no emotion, he simply stated the facts. She stared at him and waited for him to continue.

 

“The last time I cried was when my mother died. I suppose…she was the same thing to me I am to you. So I believe I understand your feelings.”

 

“So…so all this time…it’s all been fake?” Despite the pain of the thought of everything he had ever done for her was fake, she felt sad for him, in that he didn’t feel emotion.

 

“…mostly, yes.”

 

Trying to ignore the feeling of her heart twisting, she pressed for more info. This was something she had to know.

 

“Then what was real?”

 

“More than anything else, I have a desire for control. Yet, even now, in the control of an entire country, I am not satisfied.”

 

He obviously had the intent of continuing, but Silver interrupted. “Then why do you do it? If it’s not working then try something else!” Her voice shook as the volume increased. “You’re forcing all these people to do your bidding, for no reason at all! You can’t just do whatever you want! Go after something else!”

 

With a short, sudden movement, he pulled her head down and kissed her. Too startled to resist, she passively sat there until he released her.

 

“As I was saying, controlling the country isn’t satisfying. Controlling you, however, is.”

 

She stared at him, eyes wide and confused.

 

“Well then. I suppose you’ll have to forgive me for not being the person you thought I was.” Carefully sitting up, he picked her up, stood, and then set her on a small couch. Numb but in pain, she merely laid there limply as he moved her. He gently sat beside her, and calmly leaned back.

So this is why he dragged me onto this plane, huh…so he could have me…he never really cared…

 

I hate this feeling. It’s like I expected it, and yet…it hurts…

 

Why does it always hurt?

 

I want it to stop hurting.

 

I just…want it all to stop… The tears started again. Someone make it stop…

 

“Don’t cry, Silver…” His hand reached out to brush away her tears.

 

“I’ll cry if I want to.” She whispered, avoiding his hand. “I’m sick of people telling me not to…” Almost defiantly, she sat there slumped, crying almost silently. Undeterred, he moved an arm around her and pulled her into a hug.

 

“I’m sorry…I know it’s meaningless coming from me…but I’m sorry…” Not denying his comfort, she cried against him. “I’m so sorry…” I want those words to mean something…they never have before…

 

I’m…content when you’re in my arms…I’m always so restless…

 

And yet you cry…

 

I want to cry, too…

 

If she had not been so caught up in herself, perhaps she would have noticed that the dull, emotionless eyes she had grown accustomed to had a glitter of light. A glitter that reflected the first pain he had felt in two decades.

 

“Silver.” He spoke softly. She mumbled. At this point, she had stopped crying, and simply laid there in exhaustion after the battle. Both the physical battle, and the emotional one. Now as he watched her, he couldn’t help but feel that he had lost both battles. As gently as he could manage, he tilted her chin up. She looked at him tiredly, but she wasn’t gone enough to be unaware of what was going on.

 

“I will never hurt you again. I promise.” With that, he kissed her, wanting – needing – to taste her one last time. And the taste of him was the last thing she remembered before darkness finally claimed her consciousness. He silently held her, finding himself staring at his hands. These hands aren’t healing hands.

 

Delicately, he moved her hair away from her face. That’s why I have to let you go.

 

Goodbye, Silver…

 

I hope you can learn to smile again. And…perhaps I will learn to cry…
 

© 2008 Elemiah


Author's Note

Elemiah
The dialogue's kinda meh but whatev

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow!
VERY POWERFUL! HOLY CRAP, ELEMIAH!
I enjoyed this. Them kissing made me go "HAHAHA! I SAW THAT COMING! HAHAHA!"
:3 I enjoyed this read, past the pain of hte peeling sunburn on my back >.<
I WILL TRY TO CALL AND OR TEXT YOU, FOO!!!

Aight.... this was fantastic :D I wouldnt change a thing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Alexshim! How can you be so heartless!? You make me want to kick puppies!

Yet another really great work Elemiah! I loved it, despite (or maybe because of) the fact that it made me sad. Keep writing, and I hope to hear more from you soon.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2008
Last Updated on July 29, 2008

Author

Elemiah
Elemiah

Buxton, NC



About
I'm not much of a writer...sometimes I come up with some good stuff, though. My talent lies more in drawing~ Get Your Own! | More Flash Toys more..

Writing
Selfish Selfish

A Story by Elemiah


Lost Lost

A Chapter by Elemiah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Transfer Transfer

A Chapter by Elemiah


Hangover Hangover

A Chapter by Elemiah


Lost Lost

A Chapter by Elemiah