A Monstrosity

A Monstrosity

A Poem by Elfinlocks
"

You are a monstrosity and the world hates you. Can you make the best out of it?

"
Imagine this, if you will,

You are a monstrosity, a being born from it's creator out of malice and hatred, a being so disfigured and so horrendous that everything that isn't you thinks instantly and without thought that you are a monster, a freak, scary, or even frightening. 
You are tossed by your creator--he was beaten by society--out into the streets of a major city who's name is not important, doomed to wander the busy streets in plain view of everybody and everything that hates you for your very appearance.  You walk and walk, and down every street the same thing occurs.  People, no matter how young or old, no matter how poor or rich, and no matter how frail or strong, all run in fear from you, most scream, and you've come to find that the bravest are those who manage to throw an insult at you before they run, or at least, the others hail these ones as being bravest.
Despite everything, despite it all, all of the insults, and all of the hatred towards you, you wander the streets still.  Why?  Because the simple interaction with people, the screams and the insults, you love them.  That brief moment when your eyes meet theirs that moment before they run, or before they cover their children--the children ask what's wrong with you--that moment you feel human, you feel connected to the human populace.  This is what keeps you going, this is what keeps you walking.
Then, one impossible day, you meet a father and a mother with their child, walking in the park, when suddenly they see you, but something is different, something is wrong in their behavior.  They don't run.  They don't scream or insult or cover their child's eyes.  They stay, they do what you thought nobody would ever ever do.  Then the impossible breaks its own limit, they come over to you.  You don't know what to do, never has a human--besides your creator--come so close to you, but then they see, they see you in a different light, they see you up close like nobody ever has before, they see you for whom you truly are.  Soon enough, you're eating dinner with them and playing with their child, whom you figured out is named Chloe, the father is named Max, and the mother Samantha.  You come to love these people, and they come to love you.  They were the first to give you a chance, and they never once regretted it.

© 2013 Elfinlocks


Author's Note

Elfinlocks
I wrote this without any thought, I just needed something to occupy about twenty minutes, but I ended up really liking this and I feel it has a message that everyone could see.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It doescontain a good message. A society which shuns people who are different misses a chance to love and be loved.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2013
Last Updated on July 11, 2013
Tags: Monstrosity, Horror, Society, Ugly, Disfigured, Hope, Meaning

Author

Elfinlocks
Elfinlocks

NJ



About
I decided to start writing one day. So here I am. Enjoy. more..

Writing
Condition Condition

A Poem by Elfinlocks