Wisdom

Wisdom

A Poem by Elisabeth Acosta

I love words of wisdom that break through the walls that surround me! They rush through my stubbornness, my pain, my self will, and all darkness. Wisdom breaking through like sharp swords. Cutting through lies that covered me like heavy weights and kept me stuck in uselessness.

I love words of wisdom that penetrate my mind, my soul and release me from the strongholds that encase me in darkness

Yes! Words of wisdom that bring light and that aha moment. Like words that melt away ignorance and fill me with a self acceptance that says it is ok to not know everything, and admit it.

Wisdom that allows me the freedom to remain teachable, humble and free from the pride that kept the world out of my heart.

© 2017 Elisabeth Acosta


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked and I agree with your thoughts.
"Wisdom that allows me the freedom to remain teachable, humble and free from the pride that kept the world out of my heart."
When we can't learn. We are in trouble. A wise person is willing to learn something new every day. Thank you Elisabeth for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Very descriptive write on wisdom...I really liked it...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elisabeth Acosta

6 Years Ago

Thank you.
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
The truly wise are always humble, ever mindful that they can never know it all. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elisabeth Acosta

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my poem. I appreciate your comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2017
Last Updated on June 7, 2017

Author

Elisabeth Acosta
Elisabeth Acosta

San Diego, CA



About
I am without a doubt an idealist, but I do have a touch of realism embedded into my character. I love to write. There is nothing more beautiful to me than words that can create life! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren