Thoughts

Thoughts

A Poem by Elisabeth Acosta
"

Our thoughts can be powerful, we must learn to tame them so they don't tame us.

"
The silent steps of my thoughts fill my mind. LIke small raindrops hitting the ground over and over again.
Sometimes peaceful, but other times not. At first they come gently, then like torrents of down pours, pounding the ground again and again until chaos fills my mind. 
I am easily swayed by the obsession of my thoughts, my desires. Anxiousness moves in like a storm destroying whatever peace existed.
It is then that I sit still and invite God into my thoughts. The storm subsides. His spirit fills me with a calmness only He can bestow. And once again my mind settles in to the pace of peaceful steps. Gentle again until the storm returns. When will it return? that my friends is up to me.

© 2017 Elisabeth Acosta


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree Elisabeth.
"And once again my mind settles in to the pace of peaceful steps. Gentle again until the storm returns. When will it return? that my friends is up to me."
We return to our proper place when we decide. I liked the above statement. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote


Posted 5 Years Ago


So very true my friend, and as You've said it in Your last words, if we were able to keep training our minds, we will be able to control our own thoughts, each time more and more, so yes, it's up to us then if we want a storm or not :)

I like Your style here, gives an impression of a personal piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elisabeth Acosta

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.
I love this poem a lot! I can really feel the emotion in it. Our thoughts sometimes take control of us in the worst ways and into a down word spiral. Im thankful we have a Savior that listens to them and puts us at rest!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elisabeth Acosta

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I am thankful for our Savior too. He is amazing and perfect! God bless Jonathan.
hello Elisabeth,

i enjoy your poem, and you're description of how god helps those who seek him. i think it's accurate how people struggle each day and need relief and pray for relief of some kind. i like how you compared it to a storm because that's exactly how it feels too. it's very real and very human.

thank you for sharing this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Elisabeth Acosta

6 Years Ago

Thank you. It is wonderful to be able to turn to God. Thank you again.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2017
Last Updated on June 9, 2017

Author

Elisabeth Acosta
Elisabeth Acosta

San Diego, CA



About
I am without a doubt an idealist, but I do have a touch of realism embedded into my character. I love to write. There is nothing more beautiful to me than words that can create life! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


VAGRANTS VAGRANTS

A Poem by DIVYA