Act of True Love

Act of True Love

A Poem by Elisabeth Acosta

The sun was not kind this day. It beat down on Him, hitting Him with force. He took in deep breaths as He walked down the hard paved road. His feet ached, His shoulders felt like they would give out, but He never stopped. The voices came at Him like sharp arrows. He took in every word. He continued on His journey never stopping to rest. The road was rough, His feet sore. Then suddenly there in front of Him was the place where He would stop. He took in another deep breath and continued. He finally arrived at His destiny and took His place in history. His hands stretched out and legs pointing straight. Sharp throbbing pain shot into His hands and feet, taking another breath from Him. Slowly the soldiers raised the cross for all spectators to see. For them a short lived victory, for me an act of love my savior setting me free.


Oh how lovely was the song that was sung that day, my sweet Jesus on a tree He did lay my sins, to forgive my trespasses. On a tree He did hang for loves sake. For my sake. My sweet Jesus my sins forgave.

© 2018 Elisabeth Acosta


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018

Author

Elisabeth Acosta
Elisabeth Acosta

San Diego, CA



About
I am without a doubt an idealist, but I do have a touch of realism embedded into my character. I love to write. There is nothing more beautiful to me than words that can create life! more..

Writing