I'm not dumb, son.

I'm not dumb, son.

A Poem by Elinor Williams
"

Please leave feedback and point out anything I've missed such as grammar or spelling (it's 2am.) Thank you!

"
Can't hear, won't care.
Doesn't matter, don't care.
Torn and ripped up like newspaper,
pieced together, manipulated by a traitor.
An unpopular point of view,
made even more unpopular by you.
Tear the argument apart
and with ignorance you numb the heart
and soul of every fight
I ever fought in spite.
Call me stupid, call me immature,
I'm sure writing it on twitter will cure
your embarrassment and shame
of being nothing but the product of blame.
because I'm a woman? Maybe because I'm young?
But I'll tell you, son, I'm not dumb.
One day I'll speak truth and I will be respected,
Never quietened by a "shhh" or neglected.
One day I'll have more voice than anything you've ever heard.
and I'll have you dangling on a cliff, hanging onto my every word.

© 2013 Elinor Williams


Author's Note

Elinor Williams
Again, sorry if spelling or grammar's a bit off. It's 2am and a bit angry again so wrote this out and I'm now posting, which I might regret in the morning(someone asked me about my opinion then COMPLETELY miss quoted me on twitter and made me look horrid and disgusting. So here's my anger at that.) Enjoy my rant.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think I've ever read a poem that referenced social media before but it's good. Personal. I bet this was something you were dealing with at 2am and you chose the cathartic approach of writing out your thoughts in poem form.

I feel for you in this, I really do.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Poetry is an artistic expression of emotions in written form so if you can't spell just say it's how you feel and most everyone will buy it. This is a great poem. I pictured you typing with one hand and flipping the bird with the other when you wrote it. Now that's expressed emotions

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, I agree Social Media can be cruel. And sometimes texting even worse for getting across the real point of our meaning. I like the idea that you are addressing this problem in the well written poem.
Good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great write, truthful and powerful.. no need to change anything.. its raw emotion with a razor sharp pen. Brilliant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's quite an ending! If people could learn to express themselves in words, perhaps this world would be a better place. Get some sleep, Ellie...and keep writing more poetry!


Kelly

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Now that is the best idea I've heard in a while. I think I better had, my sleeping pattern is gettin.. read more
I quite like this poem. Its personal and it made me feel like i was frustrated with the situation as well. Very well written.
And i hope you have told these people where to shove it by now or at least what you really thought of them. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Definitely did! I actually calmed myself down by writing this, then calmly explained why I didn't li.. read more
Cory Firestine

10 Years Ago

I would agree. Your welcome.
I wish I could come up with something this great a 2 a.m.! Very powerful, Elinor! I especially love the last line -
and I'll have you dangling on a cliff, hanging onto my every word. Great image- it certainly shows that you have the power!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :D Ahhh at 2am I'm far too active xD My mind's whizzing! Thank you again :D
This is quite a powerful piece...poignant in a lot of ways. The momentum really picked up for me about half way through, and from then on it was like POW, here she is...laying it all out there and speaking her mind! I like the purging nature of this, and the way that it elludes to the idea of "misconception". I wrote a piece about "misprints and misconceptions" that had a little to do with this idea...the way that words can be just a shade off and people suddenly see something we did not intend. Nicely done...I felt the emotion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Exactly how I feel! I just felt the injustice of being 18 and female and how it's seen as a weakness.. read more
I love this one, wish I could rant so well via poetry....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you :D I seem to get a surge when I'm angry. Makes me feel a lot better after!
Ranting is good. It's healthy. Just ignore the d****e and let him sit still in his bag. Speak the truth now, never later. So what if he or she made you look bad? Who cares? Maybe you do, but don't let it bother you. Go out, take a deep breath and enjoy the sunshine. Or the moonlight.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

I believe it is too :') And I don't care too much now, it's just a mean thing to do and I hate thing.. read more
As a ranter, I'd say with enthusiasm because of the art of ranting, "ooh fascinating..." now comes the review:

"For what you tell, what you speak, and what you think the approach of one might see in the eye of the other is that we are all partly living in this life. They say anger is nature's way of saying, 'Smile child because you're alive today and if you make it tomorrow I'll make it worthwhile for you!' As to when we smile she'll say, 'And that's why there is you because if I know I made you smile then I did my job of making you feel alive.' Now dare to hash tag that but no we are alive! For that we must focus on the livelihood that we are alive today and that when tomorrow comes we'll be fine again. To those who see us differently let us show you the ways we will blindside you in every way that we will out stand you and bring out our shiny new toys of knowledge against yours!"

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1013 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on July 29, 2013
Tags: anger, rip, torn, angry, poem, poetry, newspaper, political, heart, soul, words, word, english, language, enjoy.

Author

Elinor Williams
Elinor Williams

Wales, United Kingdom



About
My name's Ellie, I'm 19 years old and I'm a Film Production Student. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Did it? Did it?

A Poem by CRZ