My Mythic man lives. - (Freeverse Poem)

My Mythic man lives. - (Freeverse Poem)

A Poem by Elinor Williams
"

3am this time. I'm mixing it up a little! Update - This was originally intended as a free verse poem. I've updated the title in response to criticism.

"
You bring me sunshine in rain,
but it's never the same
rays twice a day.
Each time a new take or way
of viewing the world, night
or day. Love is the light
you shine, and dreams
are the thoughts you beam.
Your mind is a cenote
to explore and dote,
to delve into, never to return the same
but, never less, to still return human.
There are no words or vowels
or consonants I could vow
how much I am in love
with you. You and I are woven
together through space and history,
pieced together like an unsolved mystery.
Tied by heart by ribbon and twine,
I'll forever be yours and you'll forever be mine.

© 2013 Elinor Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful poem! I love the way the poem begins. I never thought about the rays of the sun as being different than yesterday's rays, and how that would reflect the way a person makes me feel. Creative (and creativity in this field is a breath of fresh air!). I also had to look up the word "cenote" but really like the word AND the way you use it in this poem. It's great! Thank you for writing and sharing this poem with us!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's open to interpretation and I think that's a good thing. When I was reading it I wondered if it was about a specific man or perhaps different men.

Posted 10 Years Ago


What a wonderful 'spiritual' poem for a loved one! I think you have done very well with the rhyming ... not at all stilted. But in the second verse you have four interesting near rhymes. was this because the rhymes wouldn't come, or intentional? Actually I think the first verse stands very well as a complete poem in itself! It is almost as if the second verse was not necessary. Sometimes less said is more said!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem is amazing and I think your mother is it no more , if that is the case then sorry to ...It was weaved perfectly for someone who is dearest, closest and very far .

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elinor Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! ^-^
Some of the associated structure bothers me:
Sunshine and rain - like peanut butter and jelly, been done
ribbon and twine - same
and unsolved mystery for certain, which is like the universal association and a tv show.

sutures and staples
glue and roofing nails
spider silk and agave fibers

Poetry is absolutely an intellectual exercise where emotion is one of the components
For a speed reader, which I am out of necessity, - it is you see the 'large words first' and the connective tissue subconsciously.

Hit me with entwined words I have never seen before
love is the light?
68.4 million hits,
a Beverley Craven song, Moon Mullican song... Yes, great poetry, when someone else wrote it.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Great Aunt Astri

10 Years Ago

Eatme, I tend to agree with you about the light. 68.4 million hits!!!!!!!! I don't think even my lo.. read more
I really like this poem :) My only critique would be for the first stanza. I think it might be because I've been out of school for so long, but it kind of hurt my head to read it and understand its meanings. You may have your own reasons for the way the lines are broken up, but it didn't really flow that well, and I feel like it takes away from what the words are saying. Just a thought :3 Still lovely, regardless :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this and there were some really great images and individual lines but for me the second stanza was so much better than the first that the piece overall suffered ofr it.
I understand you were going for a specific rhyme scheme in the first stanza but on some of the lines the breaks were artifical and made it choppy. Which is a shame because that hurt the beautiful images. Specificaly the break bertween "same" and "rays".

Posted 10 Years Ago


So true, love is light but light is not love.
Lovely piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poem! I love the way the poem begins. I never thought about the rays of the sun as being different than yesterday's rays, and how that would reflect the way a person makes me feel. Creative (and creativity in this field is a breath of fresh air!). I also had to look up the word "cenote" but really like the word AND the way you use it in this poem. It's great! Thank you for writing and sharing this poem with us!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is such a sweet homage to love and to this person that you talk about here! this is a type of love that so many yearn for and you've captured it well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

921 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 26, 2013
Tags: love, boyfriend, light, dark, sweet, kind, poem, poetry, shine, rhyme, unconditional, mythic, man, lives, sunshine, rain, words.

Author

Elinor Williams
Elinor Williams

Wales, United Kingdom



About
My name's Ellie, I'm 19 years old and I'm a Film Production Student. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..