Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The River of Logic.

The River of Logic.

A Poem by ElizabethAmBurns
"

Coming to terms with the eternal struggle between logic and emotion following a break-up.

"

How deep does the river flow that steals away my feelings?

The channel that opens up as my beloved walks away.

The thunderous roar of a thousand tears streaming down inside to fill the widening crack that erodes my very being.

 

It never closes, that harsh cliff face rising so high above my sorrow.

My heart overflowing, I pour my love into it and colour the waters red.

Yet in the blink of an eye the river runs clear again, taking my emotions with it.

 

I can see it now, the hint of pink in the distance taunting me.

Your heart was once filled with my knowledge, it whispers.

But looking deep down inside that great crevasse all I see is cool clear logic staring back at me.

 

A drop of black falls from the sky to splatter on the rockface.

Hatred is coming, bursting forth from angry dark clouds.

My anguish rains down upon the calm waters of logic, smashing it into turbulent waves that gouge rock and boil impossibly.

 

Hate breaks apart these walls, flooding out and over the land.

It rolls so far and wide that it catches the glimmer of red poured out so long ago.

The two circle, creating a whirlpool of emotion that sucks me in to fill my heart once more to bursting point.

 

It aches this heavy heart, beating slowly with it’s burden.

The river below runs deep and clear, begging to release my overflowing emotion.

Walking the path of logic I search for another empty heart to give my love, each step leaving another drop of hatred behind.

© 2013 ElizabethAmBurns


Author's Note

ElizabethAmBurns
I wrote this for a contest with the keywords love, hate and heart but they're not accepting poems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The eternal tiff between matter and anti-matter.
Can they ever conglomerate?
...after being united for aeons..separated for the better?


Posted 11 Years Ago


Great emotions expressed here. You really grabbed the subject and wrestled it down :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 12, 2013
Tags: logic, emotion, river, ink, red, black, rain, sea, water, thrash, sorrow, sad, break-up, cliff, rock, wave, wash, walk, pain, love, hate

Author

ElizabethAmBurns
ElizabethAmBurns

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Wants to be the author of a sci-fi classic. Instead, is the author of Zombiism and Other Lies, so going to try her hand at fantasy next. Now on twitter at https://twitter.com/LizabethAmBurns. more..

Writing
Cold Cold

A Story by ElizabethAmBurns



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse