Deathly Free

Deathly Free

A Story by oh,hey.

I heard a faint whisper,

“Voices”

Then a pause as the creature who was sitting on a throne surrounded by mud and ruins, It... No she, she had hunched tired shoulders and no hope. The girl looked young, aged by fear, friend with dust. However you could tell she was once beautiful, her eyes the saddest blue. How could she be making the bone-chilling sound and as she took a possessive breath while she turned her head like her neck was made of stone. Desperately looking at me , through me, into me. Begging me to help her.

“Voices”

Then the possessive breath again, she turned her heads back to the empty space in front of her. I walked closer to her and touched her shoulder. Reassuring her. She creaked her neck towards me once again but with a Cheshire cat smile playing on her cracked grey lips.

“F…free” she forced out

My hands started to violently shake as the word controlled my limbs, filled with dismay and despair. She had moved so I could collapse on the death controlled throne that she once belonged to, I couldn’t see her now as she was silently standing in the shadows but I knew I was becoming her. It was my turn.

It was my turn.

Colour had filled her lips and the dust crawled of her pale, milk-like skin. She was walking towards the door, when I struggled I couldn’t stop myself, I just kept thinking: "what’s happening? what will happen now?" The excruciating silence before the words forced its way out of my mouth, as we both said in unison.

“Voices”

As if she had entered into my body and soul, before she turned on her heels leaving me. Leaving me there. I saw a glint of fear radiating from her eyes, was it fear or pity ? I’m not quite sure. As the word choked its way up my throat, it was different this time. Danger. I felt danger.

As  I whispered

“Voices”

The voices flew at me, like a warning call to get out to leave, but I was immobilised. I couldn't move. And before I took the possessive breath the voices attacked me. The voices of the dead.

52 years later the door creaked open

A sad forsaken man walked up to my frozen body, as I whispered

“Voices”

He whispered it to, and I looked up at him with the Cheshire cat smile.

I was getting out.

© 2015 oh,hey.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

what a lovely write !
Well done
Cant wait to read more

Posted 9 Years Ago


Its like one of those movie trailers we see and are sure its a great movie. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh,hey.

10 Years Ago

aw thankyou :)
You packed a lot into such a short story, It was fabulous. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh,hey.

10 Years Ago

thank you!
OMG!!! This is powerful, original, and captivating. And the words you've used!! Possessive breath, aged by fear and friends with dust, eyes the saddest blue, "I knew I was becoming her". Ufff.

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh,hey.

10 Years Ago

thankyou :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
4 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2014
Last Updated on January 11, 2015
Tags: free, voices, girl, creepy, pity, throne

Author

oh,hey.
oh,hey.

Cambs, Peterborough, United Kingdom



Writing
Screams Screams

A Poem by oh,hey.