Horror House

Horror House

A Story by Elmelin
"

Three Teenagers discover a house in the forest and decide to investigate

"
 "What are you?" Aaron leaned against the dank stone wall, blood smeared bones lay scattered across the ground around him. The man cracked a vicious, malevolent smile, but remained eerily silent and lumbered towards him. Each step thundered in his ears, making them ring, blocking out even the sound of his heart which threatened to explode from his chest. As this monster slithered towards him, Aaron reflects as to what brought him to this heart wrenching moment.

     He knew from the moment he laid eyes on the shadowy building, something was very wrong. The earth around the house seemed to mourn for it. Strangled weeds melted into the ground, trees seemed to lean away from the house trying to escape its oppressive grasp. The only people near the place were Aaron and his friends Louis and Berneace. Louis had light brown hair with flecks of blonde and pale white skin. He was always inside and rarely came out with them unless they were riding bikes or going into the woods. He was dressed in his usual attire of basketball shorts and a loose fitting Michael Jordan tank top. Berneace's hair fell just below her shoulder and was a chocolate brown. She was wearing track shorts and a t-shirt. She had golden brown skin from being outside constantly. She was the jock of the group. Aaron himself wasn't far behind her, he had inky black hair spiked up an inch and pale blue eyes as clear as the Caribbean. He was wearing a black t-shirt with basketball shorts and Adidas high-tops. If you didn't look close enough you might think they were related.

     We were riding our bikes through the woods when we saw a clearing ahead and decided it would be a great time to stop and rest for a while. Leaves and branches bolting by our heads, we drew closer. A dark, ominous figure grew from the behind the trees. Steep, bleak walls and splintered wooden posts were the most noticeable things about the house. The roof had holes and the shingles were either gone or decaying. 

    They explored the clearing staying as far away from the house as possible, it gave all of them the creeps. They finally decided to investigate the house further. They stepped up onto the porch and nearly hit the ceiling when their steps made the wood creak. They tried the door knob and the door opened with a hiss as if the door was a time capsule being opened twenty years in the future. The kids opened the door further and started to head in, but almost immediately heard the sound of breathing. Slamming the door shut,they ran to their bikes, jumped on to the seat, and sped off. As they reached the treeline, he felt lasers burning into the back of his head.


                              """""""""


     Later when the kids were back in their neigborhood, the kids couldn't stop talking about the house.
     "There is something seriously wrong with that house", Aaron said
     "I know right, did anyone else feel like we were being watched", Berneace replied.
     Feeling left out of the conversation, Louis butted in with, "Dude, I know it was awesome!" Aaron freaked out on him.
      "Are you nuts! We could have been taken by some kidnapper or," He stopped to think a moment," or a child molester."
      "A child molester, out there, are you kidding me", Louis sounded incredulous. Berneace replied in a cooler manner than I had.
      "You never know who's out there, its the perfect hiding spot." 
      "You guys are scared of nothing. I bet it was all just because the house is old, and to prove it how about we go and take a look tomorrow night."
       "How? My parents wont let me out to look at an old condemned house", Aaron argued.
       "Tell them your staying the night at my house."
       "Fine, I wont like it though."
       "Then it's agreed, we'll meet there tonight. Get some stuff together: food, water, and anything else that seems important. No one breaths a word of this to our parents." 
       "Don't tell us what?", Aaron's mom walked in.
       "Uh... what we are going to do at Louis's house tonight."
       "OK. Come on Aaron we got to go to the store."
       "OK, see you guys later.", Aaron and his mom got in the car. They were on a bridge between their house and the store, and Aaron nodded off. When they got home he made sure he had everything he needed for that night, called his friends, met up with them, and they departed.
 

        The house looked even more horrid in the dark, it was a new moon so there was no light other than the weak beams of their flashlights, despertly groping the void of black for the edge of the clearing. There was a damp chill in the air and no wind blew, yet the weather vain still spun in circles. They crept to the doorway, held their breath, and pushed it open. CRREEEAAK! They entered the house and were surprised to find that, aside from a few cobwebs and dust, everything seemed to be fine. The floors were intact, the chairs still had their upholstery, and even the light seemed to work, but a quick flick of the switch proved that wrong.
       They were confined to their flashlights, good thing they brought extra batteries. They looked over were they would be staying for the night. It was much bigger than what the outside portrayed, of course they didn't check the backside if the clearing. There was an upstairs and a door which they guess led to a basement, but it was locked. They went to to check the upstairs, but dismissed the idea when they heard the floor boards above snap as if under stress.
       They set in some chairs and started to talk.
       "So how are we going to do beds?", Louis asked.
       "What? Just because I'm a girl we can't all sleep together?", Berneace seemed annoyed.
       "Calm down, he didn't mean anything by it. He just thinks it's a little weird. Louis, we will all sleep together. There's no telling what could happen in this place, it's so old," Aaron said.
       "Anyway, on to a more pressing matter," Berneace interrupted, "what are we going to do about a bathroom? I can't exactly go outside and hide behind a tree."
       After that was settled, the kids began to explore the house. The upstairs actually didn't seem to dangerous after further investigation. There was some pretty neat stuff in the place. Old jewelry boxes, dusty king sized beds, and even an ancient juke-box. To bad the house didn't have any electricity. Later when they got back Louis was looking through his stuff and found his phone missing.
      "No, no, no! My mom will kill me if I can't find it." 
      "Some of the food I brought is missing as well," said Berneace. They walked around for a little bit looking for the missing objects, when Aaron stopped dead in his tracks.
      "Come on Aaron, what are you doing?" Louis complained.
      "I think I know what happened to the stuff," Aaron said.
      "What?"
      "Him."
      In a doorway stood a stout man of about 5'6, he had a face torn and weathered, and his clothes matched. The man stepped towards the kids and they took off. As they ran through a doorway, Louis slammed into a wall and went down. Aaron hesitated, but Berneace forced him onward. As they ran down the stairs, they could hear Louis scream as the man did something terrible. Then there was a loud crack and his scream was cut short.
      Aaron and Berneace kept running and, as we rounded a corner, something grabbed Berneace and pulled her through a door way screaming and kicking. Aaron kept running and, eventually ,had to stop and rest. After all the screaming and panting coming from his friends, the silence seemed to engulf the house. He waited for who knows how long. Maybe it was ten minuets, maybe it was an hour. He heard a noise and. was off again.
     His arms and legs burned from running, everything around him passed in a blur. TWING! His arms and legs went numb it felt as though he was weightless. To late, he realized, what was truly happening, and he landed with a crack.
    His vision was blinded by pain. A deep tinge of red covered his sight. When it cleared he took in his surroundings. He was in some sort of cell. In the top left corner he could just make out a grate. He also saw a pair of eyes. They were the kind, caring eyes of Berneace. He embraced her. She was freezing. He pulled back and looked into her eyes. He grabbed her and she let out a small whimper. Her eyes were glazed over, a very bad sign. 
    "Berneace! Come on talk to me!"
    "Aaron," she sounded weak and her speech was slurred,"I feel kind of funny." At that moment, a hand grabbed her by her hair and yanked her back.
    "What do you think I should do to her," the man said,"I'm guessing you haven't seen what I have done to the other one." He pointed to the ground. Aaron almost vomited at the gut wrenching sight. Louis' bones lay strewn across the ground covered in fresh blood.
    There was a scream as the man stuck a knife in Berneace's arm. Blood poured from the gash. 
    "Maybe I should do the same to her," the man cracked a smile that the Cheshire Cat himself would respect. He threw Berneace to the ground. Aaron ran to her body and held her. She whispered something inaudible, and went limp in my arms. Aaron stood up and was pushed to the wall. He laid against the dank stone wall, as the man moved closer. He gripped his hands around Aaron's throat, cutting off his air. Aaron's vision started to turn black. The last thing he heard was the maniacal laughing of this psychopath.
    He awoke with a start. A dream. Thank God it was only a dream. But when Aaron tried to say something to his mom, he still couldn't breath. He looked up and noticed the area around him was the wrong color. It was tinted a color of green. His eyes also burned. Aaron then realized what happens. At some point while he was sleeping, his mom had driven off the bridge. He tried to unfasten his seat belt but it was stuck. The shattered car window inches from his face. Escape eluded him. But death did not.
     A dark void begins to fill Aaron's vision. This time there was no escape from the dream. Excepting that there was no escaping fate, Aaron settled into his seat and welcomed the Abyss.

© 2012 Elmelin


Author's Note

Elmelin
Please ignore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Damn... That was dark. I'm fairly scared right now, but being a young-blood to horror in general, I'll take it. I would just recommend just a bit more speed in the beginning, like in the end. It would be my preference because this is well written for a short-story beside the glaring speech grammatical errors. I would also recommend to try to make a better connection between all three of them. One of them being dead when Aaron is great, sets a nice morbid tone, but when Beaneace died I didn't feel any remorse, just a feeling of happiness and glee.

Final Statements: Great Story, a tad slow a times, nevertheless keep going. I will be looking forward to your next short story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elmelin

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I have been writing this story for a while. I was writing it on my kindle fire when I had so.. read more



Reviews

Damn... That was dark. I'm fairly scared right now, but being a young-blood to horror in general, I'll take it. I would just recommend just a bit more speed in the beginning, like in the end. It would be my preference because this is well written for a short-story beside the glaring speech grammatical errors. I would also recommend to try to make a better connection between all three of them. One of them being dead when Aaron is great, sets a nice morbid tone, but when Beaneace died I didn't feel any remorse, just a feeling of happiness and glee.

Final Statements: Great Story, a tad slow a times, nevertheless keep going. I will be looking forward to your next short story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Elmelin

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I have been writing this story for a while. I was writing it on my kindle fire when I had so.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: Teenager, Horror, Suspense, Thriller, Short Story

Author

Elmelin
Elmelin

Blanchard, OK



About
I like to write short stories and have been looking for a place to post them for a while. more..

Writing