A Tooth Fairy's Nightmare

A Tooth Fairy's Nightmare

A Story by I Am Svetlana
"

A young boy loses his tooth and the tooth fairy's sister pays him a visit.

"

A child name Tommy ran downstairs one morning to show his parents that his tooth was loose. His parents simply smiled and sat him down in the kitchen. He was 5 years old.

                “Do you know what this means, Tommy boy?” his mother asked as she led him to the kitchen table. His father was making pancakes, Tommy’s favorite choice of breakfast. The boy shook his lead.

                “What does it mean?” he asked as excitement began to rise in his small bones.

                “It means that someone special is coming tonight.” His mother beamed. Tommy loved seeing his mother so happy, as compared to some days she would be tired from work and cranky toward his father, but she was always loving and caring of Tommy, though he was their only son.

                “Who?” Tommy asked as his father placed a plate of pancakes in front of him. On came the butter and mounds of syrup!

                Tommy’s mother began to prance around and frolic across the kitchen, around the counter, around Tommy’s chair. The sight made the little boy giggle with joy. Oh, how he loved his beloved mother!

                “The tooth fairy!” she announced. Tommy’s heart instantly beat faster. He had heard stories here and there about how the tooth fairy would often come as children were asleep, take their teeth and leave money. A gigantic Grinch-like grin spread across his face.

 

                After he wiggled his tooth enough that it finally came out later that night, his parents gave him a small square plastic box, no bigger than a single rubix cube block. The box was dark blue and had felt on the bottom of the inside. He placed his tooth inside and lay down in his bed. His parents proudly tucked him in, kissed him goodnight and they left for bed.

                While in bed, Tommy couldn’t help but imagine what the tooth fairy would be like, look like even. He had never seen her before, but had any other child?

                Would she look like Glinda, the good witch from The Wizard of Oz�"wearing a big, pink poofy dress with glitter, her hair in luscious curls, a sparkling wand in her hand, a great crown on her head? This thought made him smile as he drifted off to sleep.

 

                A loud thud woke Tommy, along with the sound of things being pushed about in his room. He heard a woman’s gasps and her whisper as she muttered to herself. She’s here, Tommy thought. The famous tooth fairy’s here and I’ll be the first to see her!

                What surprised Tommy the most when he peeked his eyes open was that the tooth fairy looked nothing at all like he’d imagined. Not even close. The woman in his room was heavier set, not in a poofy dress, but enough. Her face had the signs of current acne breakouts and her teeth weren’t exactly straight. She was about 5’ 3’’ and quite stocky. Who was this woman in his room and where was the real tooth fairy?

                “Hello?” Tommy finally muttered. This seemed to startle the woman as she quickly jolted up and knocked into a few more things in Tommy’s room.

                “Jeez, kid! You sure know how to scare someone.” She replied as she straightened her dress and made herself more upright. She wore no crown and her hair looked like a bird’s nest, like she hadn’t attended proper care to it in days.

                “Are you the tooth fairy?” Tommy asked as he propped himself into a sitting position on his bed.

                “Do I look like the tooth fairy?” the woman replied in a snotty-like tone. This really threw the little boy off. He shook his head. “Look, the tooth fairy is my sister. It’s just that she’s sick tonight, so she sent me to do her rounds.”

                Tommy’s hair began to prickle and stand on end. He wished the real tooth fairy was here instead of this nasty anonymous woman.

                “So, where’s your tooth, kid? I’m tired and want to get this silly job done.”

                Tommy really wasn’t impressed by her and had no intention of giving her his newly fallen out tooth. He stayed silent, hoping she knew the answer.

                “C’mon, kid. I’m getting really impatient here.” The woman said as she had her hands on her hips and began tapping her food vigorously. Tommy stayed quiet on his bed as he saw the woman’s temper rise with every passing minute. He then slipped a hand under his pillow and grabbed the small blue box that held his tooth. The woman eyed his with excitement in her eyes, she was nearly foaming at the mouth like a stray dog if it was suddenly handed a steak after days of no food.

                “How come you don’t look like your sister?” Tommy asked curiously as his thumb passed over the box again and again in his hand.

                “What? Do all sisters have to look alike nowadays? Just give me the tooth, you little brute!” the woman began to nearly snarl like a viper if it was provoked. He kindly handed her the box, seeing the smile pass across her impatient face. The sudden relief in her eyes!

 

                Tommy drifted back to sleep after the woman had left, seeing the beautiful tooth fairy in his dreams. When he woke up in the morning, he found fifty cents in place of where his tooth box had been. But he had taken the tooth out of the box before he had given it to the tooth fairy’s rude and unappealing sister. If she had been more patient, the outcome would have been different.

© 2014 I Am Svetlana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The kid certainly has manipulated the sister, although she quite had it coming, considering how tricky children can be when the situation calls for it . . .
I suppose the moral of the story is to be patient and kind, and not to upset the person you are doing a job for. Well done

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2014
Last Updated on January 4, 2014

Author

I Am Svetlana
I Am Svetlana

Madison, WI



About
"If you cannot write well; you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, other's will do your thinking for you." -Oscar Wilde Hello all, my name is Emily Svetlana! I am 30 years old and wo.. more..

Writing