The Singer

The Singer

A Poem by EmaleighLynn

Bass

Pounds

Beneath

My feet

As the song

Begins.

I raise

The

Microphone-

Black,

Plain-

To my

Lips

And

Open

My

Mouth.

My Voice

Screams out.

I jump-

Up and

Down,

Like a

Child-

Driven by

Energy

I

Didn’t

Know

I had.

The crowed

Loves me.

They

Jump-

Scream-

Dance-

Sing-

Cry-

Live-

Die-

Here

In this

Arena.


The

Song

Ends.

The

Lights

Go up.

The

Crowd

Disperses,

Milling

About

LIke cows

At

Pasture.

I

Walk

Offstage,

Scrub off

My

Stage

Makeup,

Pull on

A

Leather

Jacket

And

Sunglasses.

My

Bandmates

Gather

Behind

Me.

They

Laugh,

Talk,

As

We

Make

Our way

To

Another

City,

Another

Show

Another

Life-

Death-

Ending.

© 2015 EmaleighLynn


Author's Note

EmaleighLynn
Sorry I haven't been around lately! I have written some new poems, so I'll try to add those periodically.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

there is a potent driving beat to this...a force like the life force that through the green shoot drives the flow...it drives the reader from one word to the next...like the beat in a song makes the body move...quite impressive you are...thank you...

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate your review.
Good one! Since you mentioned bass right away in the beginning the poem went in a steady beat as I read it, which was pretty cool. I tried being in a band once, man that must be exciting. However I was 14 and that wasn't going anywhere. I was cool to feel the rush through the poem and have it wind down into the next show.

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing! I'm glad you noticed the beat.
I really like your style. It's very unique. I enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked this.
Entertain people, and then move on to the next venue. I like the part where you mention that you jump around with an energy that you never knew you had. Although I've never been to a real concert representing a real mainstream artist, like say, Lady Gaga. I have experienced energy I never had at one of my friend's show's here in Seattle who is a local hip-hop artist. Me and some of our other friends were invited to his show. One of my friends was like, "I've never seen you so completely lost in the music like I did tonight." What I was experiencing was an energy that I never knew I had myself lol.

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

To be honest, I'm not a performer. I'm.. read more
Nice work! Oh the joys of being in a band and trying to make it big. Can definitely relate my friend. Some nights it feels it's all for nothing... merely a puppet thrown on stage for others to make money on. Good write!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Is this how it is for the Rock and Roll star? Anonymity after the show? I come from another time. After our shows the musicians and even some of the fans would go to another location and we would jam all night. AND THE BEAUTY WAS, I never, ever got a head ache!

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

I have no idea, lol. I have no musical background whatsoever. Just me spilling my thoughts to the wo.. read more
This poem certainly sums up what it must feel like for somebody in a band of some kind or for somebody who has just finished a talent show act. I really like the format you used for the poem, because it makes it feel like it has an actual beat to it, and it provides a nice change to the boring format that many writers use on both this website and on other websites. I really did enjoy reading this!

This deserves a 100/99.9 in my opinion. Great work! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


EmaleighLynn

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad you got a "beat" from it, that's exactly what I was going for. I try to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015
Tags: poetry, singer, music

Author

EmaleighLynn
EmaleighLynn

Columbia, SC



About
Wow, it's been a while since I did anything here. God. I'm sorry. I've been writing since eighth grade. I'm a freshman in college now (wtf). I write fiction (books, short stories) and a LOT of poet.. more..

Writing
Winged Winged

A Story by EmaleighLynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Lola_Bee