Words

Words

A Poem by EmeraldVenus

Angry words cut deep into my soul, my inner self so fragile.  I fight back with angry words also, pretending that Im not devastated by their affect on me.  Tomorrows here, yesterdays as if it never happened.  But still the feeling of hurt and anguish remains.  Tears in my pillow silently fall, unable to run to you.  I carry the pain alone, wishing I could erase the words from memory.  But would the good ones remain? Im unable to risk losing what little I still grasp too.  My self esteem high at times, low at others.  Am I really all those things to you?  Cutting words about my daughter, my own flesh and blood.  Nobodys perfect, others get respect, I am last on the list.  Shouldnt I be at the top?  I long for the intimacy, I wanna feel the butteflies again.  Pictures say a thousand words, few of us we have.  Never a genuine smile, maybe Im just too blind to see it.  Words, awful words, keep swirling in my head.  I wanna scream to shut them up.  I did, I do, I have and I will but maybe it wasnt enough.  Unable to express myself, I cry in silent misery.  I love him, I say, maybe I need to let go.  Time can never erase words, words are more evil than sticks and stones.  I want the romance, I need it.  A few kind gestures go a long way, a few angry words do too.  Cant keep pretending yesterday didnt happen, it only makes things worse.  Unable to find the answer of what to do. 

© 2009 EmeraldVenus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a beautiful work of art. You have a true talent of writing, and your intellegence shows within the wonderful words you write. The way your artwork flows from the beginning to the end, just leaves me, the reader in awe...and with nothing to say but, wonderful job! You have true talent!!! And thank you for sharing!!! This was a wonderful write!

Jay

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have often felt the same way. I like the first line "Angry words cut deep into my soul, my inner self so fragile." It gives me the feeling that I hide within myself, as I try to pretend angry words from my past have not been said. I agree that they are more evil than sticks and stones.

Posted 14 Years Ago


'more evil then' do you mean than.

This is a brilliant write full of emotion and intrigue; telling the reader what words do.



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2009
Last Updated on May 17, 2009

Author

EmeraldVenus
EmeraldVenus

Spokane, WA



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I see I see

A Poem by Pluto


a dark angel a dark angel

A Poem by Faith