patience

patience

A Poem by Emily B
"

not where this was supposed to go

"

I thought I might walk out

this morning and bear witness

to the Passion

of the leaves on Big Hill.

 

I paused under the wise old oak.

Sat long and wondering

and my endurance was blessed

by scarlet and gold hues

intensifying above me.

© 2009 Emily B


Author's Note

Emily B
I got caught up in the dynamic between patience and passion one day

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A season of change, it seems to be, looking in the distance, beyond tomorrow for that passion.........that change. We wait patiently, only to find that it is there, in our own backyard........ we only needed to look for its colorful presence.
This is how I read this Emily and as always your words make us think, that is a good thing. You and nature are truely connected.

Tony

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Patience is often the path to passion, they are entwined. We are often gifted by the trees... a wonderful poem of Autumn leaves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am homesick for the South when i read your poems.

Regarding "not where this was supposed to go", I suggest that patience will get you there. The detour here makes for a beauiful respite.

I hope the holidays bring you and yours prosperity and peace.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
C.
Very original composition. I liked the first stanza better than the second, mostly because I thought the word-choice was less predictable. I thought the capitalization of "Passion" in s1, l3 was a good creative decision: it personifies the word, but also alludes indirectly to the Crucifixion (and so makes the reader pause), although this may not have been your intent. Capitalizing "Big Hill" was also nice, because it made it seem like more of a real place, and so added a human element to the piece. "my endurance was blessed" I liked as a line, if only because it's not a phrase often used. Wasn't sure how I felt about the last line... it didn't really leave me with a kick or a punch. And "intensifying" seemed a little too easy as far as word choice goes. But overall a very pleasant poem and I applaud your work. A fine job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good reminder to stop and smell the roses. Inspiration surrounds us if we just stop and pay attention.

Posted 13 Years Ago


...wandering to wonder, finding a good place to sit in the woods means alot at times when you need to get away.

When ever I think I need to feel connected to things... I go out to the woods not to find what I am looking for....

And by trying not to find it, i always do.

I like that you write alot about nature.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm not sure where you are going but you definitely got there

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily, I see you had the patience to take in such a beautiful sight!
Early this morning, I saw an intensely, passionate wise old oak, bear witness to the scarlet and gold hues, and I endure to say, we are blessed by your wonderful skill to bring a timeless moment to life. Thank You!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

patience pets passion's pulsating promises
Beautiful is your pen, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww nature at one of it great moments...when the colors of the leaves change. This poem allows me to picture this beautiful scene in my mind.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. am back ... celebrating this gem of yours ... and thinking ... even to notice passion ... (let alone experience it) ... one needs patience ... patience is probably the ability to linger in a (moment of) passion ... so, you're right as always ... patience is "the" virtue ... plus ... you're awesome ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2245 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2008
Last Updated on September 28, 2009


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clairvoyant Clairvoyant

A Poem by Emily B


Speak Up Speak Up

A Poem by Lost, n'MT