I am me

I am me

A Poem by Emily

I'm just me.

 

The girl with the constant smile

and the overloud laugh.

 

The girl who stays in the backround

but secretly wishes to be noticed.

 

The girl who never cries

but laughs it off instead.

 

The one you never really think about

or look at too closely.

 

Maybe thats why you never see the me that I am inside.

 

The one who hides behind the smile.

 

The one with the pain in her eyes.

 

The one who cries a lot.

 

The girl that I really am,

not the one I let you see.

 

But you will never realize,

she is just the one I pretend to be.

 

In other words

The girl you think you know,

shes not me.

 

But shes the only one you'll ever see.

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have written a few with that sentiment but mine were flooded with imagery and complicated. you managed to do craft this one beautifully with your words without overdoing it. Really draws the reader in and the ending is perfect!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The story of every teenage pain, not to strip you of your uniqueness. I liked this poem a lot because of its harsh truth. But if you ever feel this way again, you can message me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is a rather well written write and enjoyable

Posted 13 Years Ago


Looks are decieving, a book should never be judged by its cover , and not until done atleast the first chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Emily, this is so me as well. Isn't it funny how people percieve us a certain way, but we're actually totally different? I think many more people than you or I realize are just like this too.

Very nice write!
Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i have no idea why but i feel like i want to cry i guess i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


it's controlled and I like that. What I don't like is that it's a bit generic, and you might do a double take, but many people feel this way... sort of in the same way that many people love and can associate with a love poem.

Being cliche is a tough one because I write a lot of cliche stuff and so it should be ok (half joking, ok, 3/4 joking...) but I do, I think that if there are certain parts new and certain parts old then it really depends on what the sum of the thing wells up to be. This is soft, and rather beautiful, but who are you, if you aren't all the things you pretend to be for the sake of putting a smile on it, then who are you. pretending is interesting, but surely the other you, the real you, she is the poem. Still, there is a soft simplicity about this, and the ache of not being noticed, it gets you noticed here, to a point. There's more to see, that would set this piece apart from others and that's what I think poetry is about.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nicely written the story of a girl who pretends to be very joyful but is through agony inside. the topic is common but really well written. rhyme scheme is also good thats why poem has good flow! choice of words is really good!
Keep on good work!
~Aaradhya

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!! This has a lot of attitude in it. Well done!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

711 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2010
Last Updated on March 13, 2010

Author

Emily
Emily

NY



About
I just realized that I haven't updated my about me in two years. A lot can and has happened in those two years. I am now twenty years old. I haven't gotten through college yet but I plan to. Unfortuna.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Emily


Night Musings Night Musings

A Story by Emily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Fran Marie