My Soul's Inner Being

My Soul's Inner Being

A Poem by Emily L

My Soul's Inner Being
I feel lost in a sea of souls who seem to have the understanding of who they are and what they stand for. 

I on the other hand am going through an identity crisis of confusion and a longing for a thesaurus of my soul's inner definition and meaning. 

What is my meaning? Who is this being? One lifetime never seems enough to create and shape this creature I am slowly but surely becoming. 

Nearing 20, more than a quarter of my precious time, has slipped past me into the oblivion. I hope this time of soul searching comes to a neatly wrapped up closure soon before I find myself floating above the stars and the moon.   

Please let my soul be beautiful. Let her speak wisely and show appreciation for the world around her. Let her accept herself for who she is, whoever that may be. Let her love herself so she may receive it back in return. 

The idea of eternity slowly wisps through the crevices of my mind as I write these words. Smiling t0 myself I realize one day my outer shell will grow old and decay, my soul on the other hand will live on and grow in sweet eternity. An eternity for a soul's journey is quite simply the most beautiful story of longing I have ever heard. 

© 2019 Emily L


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 12, 2019
Last Updated on March 12, 2019
Tags: poem, poetry, soul, beauty, beautiful, nature, sea, eternity, smile, creature

Author

Emily L
Emily L

Akron, OH



About
Hello, my name is Emily i'm 19years old and simply just want to share my writing with the world. I have a strong love for writing about nature and the world around me. All the beautiful things it has .. more..

Writing
Just Be Just Be

A Poem by Emily L





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114