Night

Night

A Story by EmilySMort

I became notorious for staying up until God awful hours of the night and so if I had to get up early the next morning it would be a struggle. My family would ask why I always stayed up so late especially if I knew I had to get up early and the answer I always gave never satisfied them. I would say that I just simply liked it. Now that is true but it isn't completely true. The full truth is it is my only time where I am completely alone and no one expects anything from me. I am free to do whatever my heart desires without the fear of being pulled away by one of my many responsibilities. During the day I work for a Real Estate Company and when I am not doing that I have my freelance business and my family and school... but at night it's nothing. I can stare at the wall for 4 hours in complete silence and no one will care. It is a time when you are not expected to do anything. You are not subject constantly finding something to do. You are able to be the truest form of yourself without fear of judgment and ridicule. 
How do you explain that to someone? It is just something that you learn. You learn to fight your exhaustion so you can enjoy a little bit of true freedom inside your bedroom walls. So why would I waste that time sleeping? Why would I waste those few hours of peace just to sleep? I wish there were more hours in the day, so I could stay up for hours on end and still get a restful 8 hours sleep and not miss anything going on in the day time. I wish I could freeze time for just a little while. 

© 2016 EmilySMort


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016

Author

EmilySMort
EmilySMort

FL



About
Hello my name is Emily and I am a Graphic Designer and Marketing Specialist for a Real Estate Brokerage. I have always enjoyed writing and so this was a way for me to share my writing to an unbiased g.. more..

Writing
Oh Well Oh Well

A Story by EmilySMort


Toxic Toxic

A Story by EmilySMort