Our Freedom

Our Freedom

A Poem by ButterflyVision
"

Following the ideas of false freedom and the significance of George Orwell’s book, 1984 in our modern society

"
Conscientiousness shall be cherished, reality distinguished from afar.
The world has one over me, I'm a conforming puppet under cast.
A defining unknown character is how I'll now be known, the realms of trust and honesty shall be firmly left alone.

The boundaries of humanity are diffused by duties must, we're in a sphere of false reality; beautiful, safe, corrupt. Relationships evolve in the form of friends, love, lust. Are they genuine? Are we authentic or are we wearing masks.

Being oneself is easy but it's your ID in disguise, you're distinctively being played with, your self respect, your interpretations, your self pride.

A paradox road we walk, where does the fine line falter, the fine line between what's predetermined and where we naturally wander.
In a pioneered community we work like clockwork mice, the sense of being analysed, watched by many eyes. A living figurine I cling on to the reigns, living a stones throw from the real world but halted by lack of consent.

Are we stars of fiction or masked stars of an indubitable publication? Lack of control may ruin some, your life held in another's hands, getting through is tough hard work but never forget that it's only you who stands.

Wearing a painted face of sheer determination, you strive for self progression, personal discovery, for self expansion. Any taste of transience shall be swallowed deep within, though hints of vulnerability may start to begin.

Is the other world that different, false freedom is on the rise, are we ever in control or is it a never won prize? We are puppets on an invisible string, living in the vicious safe haven where we know everything but nothing.
The experience must be fully valued, you take advantage and either rise or fall, sitting behind the 4th wall between now and 1984.

© 2018 ButterflyVision


Author's Note

ButterflyVision
Ignore grammar problems, to be worked and practised on

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Made me think. That's a good thing! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ButterflyVision

6 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2018
Last Updated on January 16, 2018
Tags: 1984, George Orwell, mental health, spiritual, future, thinking, big brother, freedom

Author

ButterflyVision
ButterflyVision

London, United Kingdom



About
A recovered sufferer of mental health conditions, visionary inspired to live life to the full. more..

Writing