Chapter Seven- From Down The Hall

Chapter Seven- From Down The Hall

A Chapter by EmilyWinchester

It was almost evening now and when Louise walked into the foyer my heart dropped. I half expected him to turn and leave but he didn't. He acknowledged me with a small smile and walked over to the chair beside me.

"May I sit?" He asked.

I nodded with a smile and he sat with his hands in his lap. It was a silent for a few moments before he spoke.

" I've been thinking a lot about what happened and I know I over reacted. I Just couldn't stand the thought of you with him." He said.

I placed a hand on his and gave him a sympathetic smile.

" When he kissed me it was so fast I didn't even have time to think-" I began but Louise held up his hand for me to stop.

"You don't have to explain." His other hand was now on mine and he caressed my hand gently with his thumb.

His touch was like a heat wave over my body and I was lost in his eyes. Instantly I felt guilty of the time I've spent with Marcos.

"I need to tell you something, I won't feel right not telling you." I said in a low voice and I pulled my hand from his.

He looked at me with an eyebrow arched and I could tell he was waiting for disappointment.

"I've spent a lot of time with him lately, but it's not what you think. He just showed me some hidden rooms around the property." I whispered.

I knew I broke the promise to Marcos but I felt like what I had with Louise was more important. I couldn't lie to him. I didn't want to lose this, not now.

"Oh." Was all he said.

We sat in more silence until he stood and grabbed my hand to pull me up with him. He led me to my bedroom and once the door was shut there was no stopping him. Now you may think you're both ghosts, how could you possibly be able to do that? I'll just say it's entirety possible but believe what you will.

His hands caressed my body and I now know why some women were said to call him a Casanova. It was like he knew every inch and every spot to make my body tremble with desire. He kissed me deeply but our kiss was cut short when a loud thump came from the wall towards the foot of my bed. We looked at one another and he smirked.

"Old place." He laughed.

I wasn't so convinced so I got up and listened as I pressed my ear to the wall while Louise watched and laughed to himself. It wasn't until I pulled away that I noticed a small hole in the wall next to the Painting hanging there. I peered through it and I could see into the room next to mine. The moonlight lighting everything just right. Suddenly I heard footsteps creeping past my door. I quickly pulled my gown on and ran to the door, I jerked it open and stepped out into the hall. I was petrified when I saw Marcos standing at the top of the steps with a wide grin on his face. Anger boiled inside me and I screamed. I screamed with all the anger and frustration I felt and Louise came running out of the room. His gaze followed mine and to my surprise Marcos gave a little wave and hopped happily down the steps.

"What the hell Marcos? What are you doing?" I called as I followed after him.

He didn't stop but he slowed down and I met him at the base of the stairs. His eyes were cold now as he glared at me.

" I see you and your lover have made up. Don't worry, you put on a terrific show. I might just be a little sad it wasn't me." He smirked.

I couldn't help it when I pulled my hand back and slapped him hard across the face. I could see it then, his eyes were dark and when he let out an insidious laugh I couldn't get away from him fast enough. I rushed up the stairs and into Louise's arms as he waiting atop the steps for me. When I looked back down Marcos was gone.

"Are you alright?" Louise whispered as he caressed my face.

"I'm fine." I muttered.

The next day was great with Louise. I have never felt what I did with him before but in the back of my mind I couldn't forget the look on Marcos face or sinister laugh.

" Why didn't you say anything to Marcos?" I blurted out as we walked in the courtyard.

Louise glanced at me and his jaw tightened.

"I could see that you had it handled. Believe me, I wanted to deal with that pervert but I know his jealously will hurt him enough." He shrugged.

I wrapped my arm in the crook of his and placed my head on his shoulder. I truly love this man. I sighed and looked up and there in the second floor window was a girl.

"Louise! Look!" I nearly yelled and pointed up. The girl just stood there.

I let go of Louise and quickly ran inside. I came to the steps that led to the second floor and darted up them two at a time. She was gone. I had missed her again.

"Who are you looking for?" Called Marcos from a bedroom door close by. He took a step so that he was just outside the room.

"None of your business." I hissed.

"Now now, you don't have to be hateful." He said mildly as he walked towards me.

"Don't come near me after what you did!" I exclaimed as I backed up against the wall.

His eyes narrowed and he gave me a once over. He was in front of me now and he grinned and gave a small chuckle.

"Oh Isabella." He purred as he wrapped his hand around my arm.


© 2017 EmilyWinchester


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on November 21, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Thriller, Ghost, Rape, Love, Horror


Author

EmilyWinchester
EmilyWinchester

About
Just someone who wants to share their stories and read others work as well. I enjoy reading, writing, painting and whiskey. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by EmilyWinchester