Taken

Taken

A Story by Sugar and Spice

I couldn't feel the pain yet, but I knew as soon as I stopped running it would bounce back. wind whistled by my ears as I picked up speed. I didn't want to face it, the only thing that held me together, now torn so viscously away. I'd always known that something like this may occur but I'd always forced my scarred brain to rid the thought. Searing pain filled my leg as I ran through the spiky bushes, leaves whipping my face and relentless rain soaking to me to the skin. But nothing really matters any more, no amount of physical pain could match the pain inside waiting for me to stop running. But I don't. Around me the forest grows thicker, darker and unrecognisable. My feet scatter the forest leaves an splash through puddles, in my ears the sound is real faint, vague, but I know it must be really loud. I weave a path through the trees, tears overflowing my eyes, falling in streaks down my muddy face. Soon, I knew the pain would overcome me and I would have to stop, but now all I can do is run, fleeing the pain that seers my memories and breaks me into pieces. Slowly though, I can feel my strength fading. I look around, trying to get my bearings. This part of the forest is unfamiliar, dense and impenetrable. I move on further, trying to keep my thoughts from the scene back where I came from. The rain has eased but hasn't entirely gone. Suddenly as I push through some prickly bushes, I spot a gaping hole. There I sit, soaking, wet and bleeding freely in the dim.I feel my self control unravelling as the scars I tried to hide for so long, find their way to the surface. More tears escape my swollen eyes, as in the distance I hear him calling me, but I don't answer. I will not give him the satisfaction of seeing what he did to me, nothing would make me more angry. I trusted and believed in him, the one thing that had stayed true and he broke me. Never again would something be taken from me, never again would my eyes run dry or my heart be broken into pieces. I could not bear it any longer. My knuckles tightened and my breath grew weak as I, myself, took the only thing left of me, the core which had already been drained of everything, finally and wilfully given up. As I sick in my last breath, the yelling grew louder. My mouth twisted into a faint smile and my eyes closed, my life finally and completely gone from me.

© 2012 Sugar and Spice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good imagery and picture of someone in pain...but what happened to this person? Who or what keeps hurting her? What was it that she says she knew could occur and finally did? I think I could feel more for the character and the piece if I knew something about her, or maybe she's just insane?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2012
Last Updated on March 24, 2012

Author

Sugar and Spice
Sugar and Spice

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Hi My name is Emma :) Sugar and Spice is my WC name because it not only suits me, but my writing down to a t... As a young student, I was often praised for my stories and creativity, but criticised .. more..

Writing