Point of view

Point of view

A Stage Play by Emma
"

Short, improvised scene just for a bit of fun.

"
'You don't really think that.'
'I'm sorry'
'No! It doesn't matter what you think-or actually what he thinks and you say-I'm not going.'
'Please, I've had the courtesy to warn you.'
'The courtesy to warn me. Thank-you very f*****g much. I'd have preferred to be physically thrown out. But now I have to spend a whole week watching you run around after him while he stares at me like a smug prick.'
'I'm not his puppet, I can th/
'You plump his cushions. You watch his sports and listen to his s**t commentary. You warm up his side of the bed before rolling over to your freezing third. Christ, he's even dressing you. Nobody should be forced to wear f*****g owls. You look like his mother. Which-by the way- is pretty fucked up considering you're meant to be screwing the egotistic ponce. Although we both know you haven't had any for 2 months.'
'That's enough! I th-I want you to leave now. Before he comes back and hears you like this.'
'Well, I would actually rather like for him to hear me.'
'I know you're upset but I can't let you ruin this for me.'
'Where am I even meant to go now?'
'I asked Millie in case you kicked off.'
'How very prepared of you.'
'You can stay with her for a week. And there was something else.'
'What?'
'Would you be my maid of honour?'
'That better be a f*****g joke.'
'Please. For me?'
'I can't.'
'Why don't you want me to be happy?'
'I do, and that's why I can't.'
'Just go.'
'I'll send Millie for my things. Good-bye.'
'Will you be coming at all-to the wedding?'
'No.'

© 2018 Emma


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

It moves quickly and gets the heat across. Tags aren't missed as they weren't needed. If this is a part for later inclusion in a larger work or only an exercise it is successful. Even if you never use these words again you have possession of the idea. That is probably the most important thing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Emma

6 Years Ago

Thanks. I wasn't intending on using it in a larger piece but you never know. And I rarely write tags.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018

Author

Emma
Emma

Herefordshire, United Kingdom



About
I am currently at college, and hoping to go into a career in the performing arts industry. I love writing scripts and am enjoying exploring poetry on here and expressing my opinions through my own. .. more..

Writing
Us V.S. You Us V.S. You

A Poem by Emma


Can't accept Can't accept

A Poem by Emma