scared

scared

A Poem by XxXCherriXxX

scared to tell the truth

scared to tell a lie...........

 

hiding behind a lie

will keep you safe and warm

while telling the truth could wreck everything

even wreck you life

 

lets close this holy book of truth and trust.

open a new one.....

 

its all about lies............... and hate

keeping the truth inside, and not sharing it.

 

16 and i cant even tell the truth to my boyfriend...

i may be prego's but i cant tell.

keep it in the holy book of truth and keep it from him..

becouse its not what he wants

he might leave me alone and cold...................

 

this lie will keep me safe and warm............

© 2009 XxXCherriXxX


Author's Note

XxXCherriXxX
its just a rough draft of a poem about lies and the truth.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The flow is great, fits your theme well. I don't know if this should be a rough draft or the finished version, it is quite effective as it is. We can be so overwhelmed in the twists of lies and truth and trying to make one the other to fit our comfort level, or to keep others comfortable. It isn't always the wisest decision though, black and white are easier to distinguish than shades of mottled grey from mixing what ought not be mixed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow...powerful. I would have to say as a father of a little girl, 16 months old, that I don't know how anyone wouldn't want such a thing...but 16 is young, and I understand the fears that would follow. Your talented writing displays your emotions through a dim light shining through my window. Your words have such a power and depth to them....and the subject is tough. It's tough to take on such adversity in life, but you embrace it. You embrace it like any other human being in your situation...I hope that your boyfriend decides it's better to stick around regardless of the outcome. This was a very intriguing write, well done...and best of luck. I will be here in West V rooting for ya!

Jay

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my.. this is a truly provoking write.. it is sad that the boyfriend is possibly not wanting this.. but you will never know the truth until the unveiling.. if written in reality you know this is nothing that can be kept hidden and keep you safe and warm. I do not sense your feelings of happiness or sadness of being with child in this writing.. though I believe a mix would exist of high capacity that you are trying to escape. I would do a pregnancy test first on my own in a case like this .. where I live there are birth control centers where a person can go privately to seek assistance... and review your options based on what you believe in (there are also over the counter tests but you may prefer to have someone to guide you as this is truly emotional). Such a hard thing to deal with if you are pregnant.. if you find you are not.. a wake-up call to contraception.. sooo young to go down such a hard road in these even tougher times. This is a writing that is a true reality to so many young hopeful girls.. I sure hope your boyfriend embraces this if it turns out to be a reality.. as so many boys and even men do flee in these circumstances.. sadly. Having seen much.. happiness can still exist in these circumstances.. however.. with more obstacles being so young and unprepared.. seek assistance this is something you can not hide nor will go away... part of becoming a woman. You may even have a friend or adult whom you trust (this is risky, choose very wisely).. who may be able to be there with you to hold your hand. If this is not written in reality.. bravo.. it fooled me.. true feelings of fears and emotions of unplanned pregnancy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The flow is great, fits your theme well. I don't know if this should be a rough draft or the finished version, it is quite effective as it is. We can be so overwhelmed in the twists of lies and truth and trying to make one the other to fit our comfort level, or to keep others comfortable. It isn't always the wisest decision though, black and white are easier to distinguish than shades of mottled grey from mixing what ought not be mixed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2009

Author

XxXCherriXxX
XxXCherriXxX

About
i'm 16 and LOVE writing i kinda cant wait to be 17. woot if you send me a message with an emotion i could write a poem in a split second... so please go ahead and send me a message obj=new Obj.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..