take me to a different life, please.

take me to a different life, please.

A Poem by Ma'at

I pull myself into the worlds of television shows Because I don’t like my own I push myself into the worlds of books Because I can’t stand my own I create different people within my head Because to escape my mind I have to make another one I speak with others far away Because I wish I was in their life, not mine I turn up my music really loud Because I hope that it’ll take me away from here I make a story within my head Because mine isn’t interesting enough I try to get rid of those voices, those thoughts By distracting myself with different lives that aren’t my own, because I don’t like mine.

© 2015 Ma'at


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh the life of being vicarious ;) ... so many ways to read this and so many ways to relate ... your poem draws a line for me ..between one pursuing a leisure activity (say reading) for the joy and pleasure of being drawn into it ..getting absorbed as you point out .. and trying to escape something negative in ones world ... (say abuse or illness) even then the escape can be healing .. respite for a moment from the storm .. but escaping for real means some kind of addiction ..or giving over to mental illness of some kind .. danger danger danger ... your poem brings up something important to be talked about says i! the honesty of your poem shines brightly :)
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


There is always that unsettled feeling we carry of just wanting to escape. Our own reality sometimes forces us to think that the grass is always greener on the other side.....but is it really? Talk my friend...it's a natural solution and coping mechanism.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is why I originally started writing. I hated my life at the time and just want to escape. As I wrote I knew I could do whatever I want and be whoever I want. It was almost as if my life in the book was the real world and my life was the dream. Great write :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Most of us feel this way. Want to escape. I liked the honest thoughts and wishes in the poetry. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Running from the self, reality and even hating the self can lead us to seek other avenues to drown the aches and pains. Doubts add another dimension to self misery. An excellent write...:)......

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2015
Last Updated on July 28, 2015

Author

Ma'at
Ma'at

CT



About
Hello i'm Daniela, a teenager who lives in the northeastern USA my profile pic is not me, its Matty Healy writing and music are a huge part of my life i like to write poems, stories, and books t.. more..

Writing
somewhere else somewhere else

A Story by Ma'at


ghosts ghosts

A Story by Ma'at


disappear disappear

A Poem by Ma'at



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..