Society Vs. Me

Society Vs. Me

A Poem by Nicole Cruz

So this is more of a rant/my view on things based on something that happened to me today. Not a poem or anything. Originally, i would have done a youtubevideo about it like  iused to. But due to some reasons, i had to get rid of my youtube channel and i dontthink i'll make a new one cause eh, i dont know. So might as well rant on here o-o

 

Enjoy~

 

P.S. This is totally a rant. You might not agree with me or probally think its stupid of me to do this, etc etc. But i'd like if you keep hate comments to yourself.

 

So today i decided to put on my septum piercing. No i dont really have my septum pierced, i just pop the earring in and it looks real. I used to have one, but my evil mother forced me to let it close up. I was dressed in my usual clothing; ripped jeans and some band tee and my favorite combat boots.

Before anything, no im not emo. I dont use any labels at all. I'm just me. I have my own style and thats that. And im not an attention seeker, i actually have  social anxiety. Getting attention from people causes me to get anxious.

But anyways, i was out grocery shopping with my mother. She went off to get some milk and  i just stayed with the cart, standing there waiting for my mom. Suddenly, some dude, probally in his like 40's or 50's, stops in front of me. I payed no mind to him, just kept looking at my phone. However, i felt someone staring at me and of course, he was staring at me.

I stared back, slightly annoyed. Who was this creeper staring at me?! Gah, ima get raped in a grocery store. Not cool. Not cool at all.  But anyways, as i started back he starts laughing. This d****e was laughing at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away. I wasn't going to let this guy piss me off. Then he said something that i was used to hearing, but hurt nonetheless.

He called me a freak. He said my nose looked ridiculous. He called me ugly.

I mean, i know imugly. I look in the mirror, quite aware of that. But who was this guy to say that to me? I'm pretty much known as a good kid around town. I go to a private school, i'm a nerd, i'm involved in the community, i stand up for for people, all that good s**t. So to hear someone bash on me based on my appearance, it hurts.

Society is so stuck up on appearance, that they misjudge people because of the way they look. This guy bashed on me without even knowing me just because i looked different to him. I mean, everyone is going to have their own style/way of living. You cant go around bashing people based on how they look like. Its wrong and hurtful to the person. I'm not saying everyone has to like the way i dress, cause i dont like how some people dress either. But  idont go around bashing on people for the way they look. Its their lives, not mine. Appearance doesnt always determine character.

I may look like "a demon child" because i dress indark colors and all that or a "lesbian" cause i'm a bit tomboyish, but that doesnt mean i'm really demonic or a lesbian. I just have my own tastes and my own ways of expressing myself.

 

So i guess what i'm trying to say here is that appearance is nothing. Never be afraid to express yourself because everyone is beautiful in their own way. Yeah i know that sounds cheesy and over used, but i mean it. I'm not the type of person to bullshit people. I speak the way it is, and i speak my mind. Maybe you wont believe me or agree with me, but this is how i see the world.

Everyone is beautiful, and unique. No one is ever going to be the same. Cause if we were, how boring would that be?

So remember, always be true to yourself and dont judge people based on how they look. Before judging someone, look in the mirror and judge yourself. You'll realize that you're not perfect and its not worth judging other people.

© 2012 Nicole Cruz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It does not justify what the man said, however consider
this:
'Before the man said anything , you thought he is some "over
the hill dude", a creeper or other words to that effect.
You rolled your eyes when he looked at you,
then ---- he commented about your looks.
Do you think he might have been hurt. It was obvious that
you were judging him.
No , it does not justify his striking back---- but, this happens
a lot. If approaching a gang and you look down your nose
at them, they may attack you. Ignore animals and old white
dudes.
Now--- your rant is well taken. You write well.
you are attractive and it is no ones business what you
wear.
'Thank you.
---- John

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

not my line personally, cause im an utter b*****d (but honest). but nice read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It does not justify what the man said, however consider
this:
'Before the man said anything , you thought he is some "over
the hill dude", a creeper or other words to that effect.
You rolled your eyes when he looked at you,
then ---- he commented about your looks.
Do you think he might have been hurt. It was obvious that
you were judging him.
No , it does not justify his striking back---- but, this happens
a lot. If approaching a gang and you look down your nose
at them, they may attack you. Ignore animals and old white
dudes.
Now--- your rant is well taken. You write well.
you are attractive and it is no ones business what you
wear.
'Thank you.
---- John

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It says a helluva lot more about the guy who said it than it does about you. What kinda person is he to say that to anyone. And as you said, what would a world full of barbie and kens be like? This is why i always wear earphones when i'm out. too many people have too much to say about things they know nothing of. Maybe they should take a look at themselves first.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012

Author

Nicole Cruz
Nicole Cruz

Lawrence , MA



About
Peeka- Boo O_O I see you My name is Nicole. Atheist Anarchist Writing is my passion Music is my drug im shy Anti social Fear of people Random I guess i'm nice I'm straightfoward Coffe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashamed Ashamed

A Poem by reflectingus