Talk Like That.

Talk Like That.

A Story by Enigma Monster

Confident. Slick and silver-tongued. Wit faster than the speed of light. Depths deeper than you would’ve known about had it not been for this. So light and airy it feels like a breeze blowing your hair back. It’s delightful. It’s musical. This conversation. It grabs you just where you want it to. It takes you to new places in Thoughtland. It takes you dancing. Even the silences are provoking. They make you make you make you think crazy notions are really real and really out there. Suddenly there are a million zillion possibilities, every single one of them screaming for its turn! Wait a second. Let me catch my breath. But no. There’s only the next idea. You don’t candy-coat a damn thing but it’s sugary like I like. Coming fast fast fast. Puzzle perfect. Rapid-fire. No mercy for your brain’s capacity. You just give in. Eagerly. You didn’t know you needed this until it was here. 

And what about intelligence blossoming badly? What about people and computers and disease and immortality and what about war? Holy f**k. What about our holy f*****g spirits and our ever-loving happiness? What about big fat juicy love? What about the color red? Don’t feel blue. Just keep talking. Say everything. Tell me tell me tell me. It’s sensible rambling, it fits so perfect. Unnoticeable emptiness is still empty. There’s awe. There’s wanting more. That first word made me want the second. Rolling one idea into the next, getting bigger and bigger. Creating something from breath and mouth and mind. Growing huge. Eyes growing wide with it all. And what about death and grief and celebration? What about loss and clumsiness and throwing your hands up in the air? What about us sitting at a table somewhere? What about having a conversation to pass the time? You’ll be smooth and smart and oh-so-patient, supposing to me about the whole wide world. I’ll be small and attentive and motionless, watching you, letting your words sink into me like radiation. Talk like that.

© 2016 Enigma Monster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Phew, this is my favourite of yours so far, it is how I feel but I'm always disappointed that people are not more open to rambling, philosophical talk, like a couple of mad artists in the cafes of Paris banging their fists on tables with the passion of talk. Great read, had the feel of the start of a novel as well.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

2 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind review! Talking like that is what I want but almost nobody does it. It's so rare.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Phew, this is my favourite of yours so far, it is how I feel but I'm always disappointed that people are not more open to rambling, philosophical talk, like a couple of mad artists in the cafes of Paris banging their fists on tables with the passion of talk. Great read, had the feel of the start of a novel as well.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

2 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind review! Talking like that is what I want but almost nobody does it. It's so rare.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on October 5, 2016
Last Updated on October 5, 2016

Author

Enigma Monster
Enigma Monster

Canada



About
Hi. So I've written most of my life, in some form or another. Now it's like an addiction. It's like a drug I have to take sometimes. I think what I'm addicted to is that feeling that comes after you'v.. more..

Writing
Book Book

A Chapter by Enigma Monster


BOOK BOOK

A Book by Enigma Monster