Pity.

Pity.

A Poem by Enigma Monster
"

I originally wrote this as a song, about a guy I most definitely should not have dated back in '95.

"
While he slept I was awake
While he slept I was awake
And when he woke up I was not around
anymore

Beautiful from the pain
All wet from the rain
When I got home the sun was coming out
again

Can you see the grass and leaves
from your window that's like a cage
when you wake up no one will be around
anymore

Not sorry I had to leave
I had to get out I had to breathe
when I got home the sun was out
again

But it's a pity about you
my friend.

© 2016 Enigma Monster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed this piece. The imagery with the sun was my favorite! I imagine him in a basement apartment from the cage like window....I personally feel this poem speaks volumes in the details.
The empowerment in The begining and freedom at the end of this poem are powerful too!!
Tabby

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

That's it exactly! He was in the bsmt level of the residence building I was in at UVic. And it was a.. read more



Reviews

I enjoyed this piece. The imagery with the sun was my favorite! I imagine him in a basement apartment from the cage like window....I personally feel this poem speaks volumes in the details.
The empowerment in The begining and freedom at the end of this poem are powerful too!!
Tabby

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

That's it exactly! He was in the bsmt level of the residence building I was in at UVic. And it was a.. read more
sometimes, we're all failed to understand love, may be, it's cos... love can never be understood. it can only be "felt" through the canal of "emotions". and that's what might have been happened to the guy you once dated back in gone years. he might haven't "felt" you or your true vibes fully which further made him look like the "worst" guy ever. i kinda like the misery of your heart in the work you put down in street. very fair & fine. it's seemed that something made you feel like... being caged or lost & trapped even in your own heart every time you got encountered by that guy. ah... not a bad imagery here. you fairly let your heart bleed in such unforbidden words. nicely licked!

Posted 7 Years Ago


well this.. I can see myself in my current situation.. I am fully awake and he is ignorant and stays blind to the issues at hand and where I am finding myself in this relationship.. and sadly people think it is all unexpected.. when really the signs are all there if you would just wake up.. 95 huh? that is a long time to remember so vividly..

Posted 7 Years Ago


Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

That's very deep! The beginning was from a night when I literally laid awake shaking till morning wh.. read more
I like the flow of your words. Yes it does really sounds like a song even though its small. Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

Wel I left the chorus out, it's not very poem-y:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 2, 2016

Author

Enigma Monster
Enigma Monster

Canada



About
Hi. So I've written most of my life, in some form or another. Now it's like an addiction. It's like a drug I have to take sometimes. I think what I'm addicted to is that feeling that comes after you'v.. more..

Writing
Book Book

A Chapter by Enigma Monster


BOOK BOOK

A Book by Enigma Monster