Special Pockets of the World.

Special Pockets of the World.

A Story by Enigma Monster

I'll be over where the fences meet, in that corner where it's safe. Just for awhile, till my feet are straight and my head is clear and I'm not weightless anymore. I hate those moments, those floating times, when life isn't solid and the air is full of the everything that's tossed around by the storm that came out of the blameless ground. You kinda hate the ground for f*****g you over like that. The storms come hard and I can weather them best when I carve out a little time to spend in a special pocket of the world. 
The harbor is one and I don't know why. I don't have the answers I just go there and cry. In public it's true, but it's ok cause I know how to hide. I hide in plain sight and nobody knows they've passed hopelessness, as they walk around their sunshiney lives. But for all I know they're hiding too. You can't assume they're doing better than you. So I go and I sit on the steps just below the place where people walk, to and fro. I look and I act in such a way that nobody knows what's inside my brain. I don't expect answers and I don't expect peace, and I get what I came for, I get nothing. The nothing is perfect. It's bliss compared to the chaos of people and love. Sometimes real life is just push and f**k. Life swings between yearning and turning away. Yearning for a specific love, in a specific way. And the turning away is from everybody and everything. Oh please just leave me alone for today. Both of you, both of you. I need my special place. 
So I run and I'm desperate. I don't drive well. I get there and I gather my mind and my cell. I run through all the people and decide, most times, that alone would be better for me this time. Once I erase everyone from my mind, I jam my toque over my ears and keep my eyes on the ground, right in front of me, oh hello again. You're where the storm came from in the first place, way back when. I'm angry and silent and not in the mood, I walk like I own the place and dare anyone to try, to say how's it going or even hi. It's stupid I know, but I welcome the change, from crying and sad to a f*****g freight train. Get out of my way, this is my place. I go and I sit and I think of a way. Then I am better, or at least ok. Thank you special place. I've always liked pockets and this special pocket of the world, makes me sane.

© 2016 Enigma Monster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

sigh... I want to say "...does it? Really?" but then I'd sigh again.

You "touch" real ...well, and I've found that THAT can be dangerous because when you get heard you realize you aren't nearly as silent as you imagined...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

Why sigh? We all need a reprieve sometimes, don't we?
I don't mind being heard by capable li.. read more
Chris

7 Years Ago

The shock when a person realizes they hadn't hidden at all can be ...awakening.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2016
Last Updated on November 18, 2016

Author

Enigma Monster
Enigma Monster

Canada



About
Hi. So I've written most of my life, in some form or another. Now it's like an addiction. It's like a drug I have to take sometimes. I think what I'm addicted to is that feeling that comes after you'v.. more..

Writing
Book Book

A Chapter by Enigma Monster


BOOK BOOK

A Book by Enigma Monster