The Many Lives of Sael Saleem

The Many Lives of Sael Saleem

A Story by Erica
"

This is simply a brief introduction to the rest of the story which will be full of flashbacks and references to past lives.

"

Nadia Solaine got to school twenty minutes early, and to her severe discomfort, had to sit outside the classroom. She was so frustrated with her brother, Adriel, that she didn't even think to check the door. She didn't see the cancelation notice.

 

She sat on the metal chair about three feet away from the classroom and pulled out her IPOD. She hadn't quite gotten her daily dose of Vivaldi's 4 seasons and, so that is what began to play. She started with Autumn. She closed her eyes and tried to become one with the metal chair, one with the floor, and one with the massive amount of students that talked, walked, rushed, and pushed their ways across campus. She sighed. Trying to become nothing, and everything was hard enough without people staring at you like you're crazy. She was tense, and she shoved her arms angrily onto her lap in exasperation.

 

Her chakras had just started to tingle with excitement.

 

She pulled her legs under her, and tried again. She closed her eyes, and, this time, she was rewarded. Her crimson lips formed a relaxed smile as she let herself melt away into the past, present and future. It was in states like this that Nadia had discovered her past. Reincarnation did exsist and Nadia's memories were proof. Now, if only she could show others. Nadia was an old soul. She was born with 5 grey hairs, and wise eyes ; a fact, that her great grandmother never let her forget.

 

This time, however, was different. She saw no memories. No futures. Nothing but a far away red light and the path to reach it. She felt love and belonging flow from Chakra to Chakra. She felt purpose.

 

Just as soon as the energy had started to flow, it stopped, and Nadia looked around in dissappointment. That's when she saw it. The glowing white path. She forgot all about class.

 

"Go to her." Her soul urged, and every ounce of her being wanted to obey. Every ounce except for the logical one. "Her?" She asked allowed. Shock blanketed her words, and her grey eyes wrinkled in confusion. She had felt that much love and belonging because of a girl? She was disgusted by herself.

 

The four seasons were over, and Come to me, Oh, My love was playing. Never had such a coincidence occured.

 

"Listen my love to the song in my heart. It is calling and calling a beautiful song. Gently, so gently it beckons you near me and circles around you and carries you home," The choir sung.

 

"Go to her. She needs you." Her soul urged again, and she agreed. Her arms were aching with the need to hold her dear lover. Her Heart of Hearts. Her Soul Mate.

 

She stumbled awkwardly into step at this threatening realization, but, eventually, her soul took over. Her footsteps had purpose, and her strides grew in length and grace. She stood taller. Her aura pulsed brighter.

 

I'm not gay. She repeated to herself, over and over. She was trying to convince herself that she was going to prove her soul wrong. Trying, without sucess.

 

She walked through the crowded halls and across the parking lot. When she got to the street, she saw her heart of hearts lying broken in the street. Nadia collapsed as decades of memories over took her, and cried. There with all those strangers watching, She cried.

 

"Stop being so selfish."  Her soul scolded, "She needs you." And, to Nadia's surprise, she listened. The tears stopped. She headed over toward where the girl lay on the asphalt, and with every heart beat, her pace quickened, until she was running. She fell to her knees at the side of the girl. Her hand reached out on it's own to stroke her wounded heart's cheek. "I knew you'd come." The broken girl said. Her voice was weak and scratchy.

 

The body Nadia's mate wore was familiar in a surprising way. "Amelia?" She asked shocked. This girl was in her history class.

 

"I've been wondering when you'd notice. To be honest, Sael, my patience was wearing thin. " She smiled her characteristic sideways smile and, Nadia knew that it was all true. Sael was Nadia, thousands of years ago.

 

She had been a queen - of sorts - in a place unknown by today's historians. Her name was Sael Saleem. Amelia, or Yaksha O'nai, as she was known then, had been her gaurdian. Her protector. Her heart of hearts.

 

Nadia laughed weakly, and grabbed Amelia's hand. Love and belonging filled her to the brim and she knew that Amelia's physical form was nowhere near the level of beauty that her soul possesed, although it was admirable.

 

"You never were very patient." Nadia told Amelia. Sael and Yaksha were reunited.

The paramedics saw that Nadia had gotten a reaction out of the broken girl on the floor, and began to come over.

 

Soon Amelia was on the stretcher, in the back of the ambulance. Nadia sat on her right, and they both felt as if they had returned home after a long and chaotic journey. Their hearts beat as one, and they back on the memory of their first wedding.

 

They smiled back on the drums, the dance, and the peace. They smiled back on the love, the bliss, and the kiss.

 

Innocent met innocent, back then, but, now, Sael worried if she was to experienced. Too impure to even contemplate such an act with one as perfect as her Heart of Hearts.

 

As if sensing her thought, Yaksha's voice interrupted any coherent thoughts with "Kiss me already, Your Higness." Her words came out in a growl that made Sael blush. Blush and comply.

 

Their lips met, and the sparks flew.

© 2010 Erica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so...interesting, and believe me, I mean the good kind! I love the plot of this story, and I would love to hear more. Overall, the story was a bit confusing, and a little rushed. Though, I think if you added some story before this particular part, everything would flow perfectly. And you said this was only an introduction, so I believe that the entire finished product has the potential, as you do, to be absolutely amazing.
Beautiful write, love

-Pokie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so...interesting, and believe me, I mean the good kind! I love the plot of this story, and I would love to hear more. Overall, the story was a bit confusing, and a little rushed. Though, I think if you added some story before this particular part, everything would flow perfectly. And you said this was only an introduction, so I believe that the entire finished product has the potential, as you do, to be absolutely amazing.
Beautiful write, love

-Pokie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on October 27, 2010
Last Updated on October 27, 2010

Author

Erica
Erica

Manteca, CA



About
I'm a 19 year old college student who loves nothing more than to read and write. (Except maybe my family.) more..

Writing
Natural Escape Natural Escape

A Poem by Erica