No Greater Love

No Greater Love

A Poem by Erik Daniel
"

A poem about God's grace, forgiveness, and love.

"
There is a void inside of me.
An emptiness.
Like someone took a shotgun and blew a giant hole right through me.

I've tried to fill it.
But no matter what false god I try to fill it with I still feel hopeless.

Like a zombie I walk through this world without a purpose.
Is this all really the meaning of life?
You're born, you live, you die.
What a pointless existence!
So what you're telling me is that by killing myself all I'm doing is skipping ahead a few spaces.

I don't want to believe that when I die that's it.
I want to believe that there is someone out there that is bigger than me.
Someone that cares for me and loves me, but when I look at the world it's so hard to believe.

So God if you are there I'm on my knees.
If you are really there can you save me?

And that's when I heard it.
A small voice deep inside me said,"I'm here."

I asked him,"God is there enough room in your heart to forgive me?"
And clear as day he said,"Your sins are forgiven, my son, go in peace."

Greater love knows none than this.
That a father would lay down the life of his son for a bunch of selfish hypocrites.

You can find his love too.
For he stands and knocks at your door.
Open it and welcome him in and you will feel more whole than ever before.



© 2014 Erik Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my goodness... we are 'a bunch of selfish hypocrites'... so true! Great job :) Keep writing!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I definitley will!
This is a wonderful poem portraying God's forgiveness. Your story has the power to bless and inspire many, and you write beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

- Feather

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Calissa Knox

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Erik. Hope you're having a great day!
Your trials and tribulations are going to help many others through your work with the pen...
I hope to be able to do the same expressing my experience...wrong route...fast life...then many years
Of prison...I reflect that in my poem Crash Dummy...check it out.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

I definitley will! Thanks for the reviews bro! The rest of my poems are more about the greatness of .. read more
Is this all really the meaning of life?
You're born, you live, you die.
What a pointless existence!

This is something a lot of people wonder about, feel like sometimes, and can relate to, including me, i can really relate to this, i wonder these very same things.
This piece was very well written, and straight from your heart, which makes for the best poems.
Great write well worth another place in my contest.
I love your work:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

:) I hope it helped in some way.
Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

You can check out some of my other work like My Father, And He Shall Be Called... or Oh Savior My Sa.. read more
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

i will be sure to when i get the time :)
I agree, I don't want to believe that we are here for no reason. God is really the only one that does give us a reason and hope to live in this world because he promised us a better place after this one. I love how you finished the poem, He is the only one that can fill that void inside of us and make us complete and any one can have that if they truly let him in and believe.

Good Job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Erik Daniel

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it and I appreciate the review!
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

10 Years Ago

You're welcome ^^
"Is this all really the meaning of life/you're born,you live,you die."..unfortunately that is what the world has been structured to believe....we sometimes get this mindset that there's no life beyond our physical eyes....but there's something much more bigger in store for us...And the truth is,we are simply travellers moving through this realm into the next...the bigger picture is what we should keep our eyes on and that is Life with God...there's a song that says,"He can love you more in a moment,than other lovers can in a lifetime." Even the bible says it,GOD is love...mercy flows From Him continuously....so no matter what you're going through His the only solution,,,,so this is it,"speak His word into your lives everyday and that addiction,depression,feeling like you're no good,bitterness,loneliness will be washed away...This is the message that this poem tells....thank you,Eric....

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: God, Love, Grace, Forgiveness, Mercy, Emptiness, Hope, Suicide

Author

Erik Daniel
Erik Daniel

Waterloo, IA



About
I've been using writing as an outlet for the stress and anger of life since I was a kid. More just freestyle or creative writing than anything. I let my feelings guide me more..

Writing
Strength Strength

A Poem by Erik Daniel


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Erik Daniel


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Erik Daniel