Yesterday

Yesterday

A Poem by KayOss
"

How precious the memory is...

"

Yesterday, he said
"I hate you. I wish we hadn't met."
I cried while he smiled.

Yesterday, he yelled
And called me names,
Accused me of terrible things.

Yesterday, we played
On the beach.
Built castles as high as dreams
And watched waves destroy them.

Yesterday, we talked
Into the wee hours of the morning
About everything and nothing.

Yesterday, he was my lover and friend.
Occasional sparring partner.

Today.
Oh today, he doesn't remember.

Today, he's not himself and never will be.
Today, he's forgotten all that he was.

He doesn't remember.

© 2008 KayOss


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see sadness in every inch of it... sorry I didn't mean it that way... sadness and joy... cries and laughter...
It's all the human kind's states in which every individual interact with this world as some call it a sully shrine filled with nothing but emptiness and sadness whilst many others call a green landscape in which they form happiness and joy in the very formless moods of it!

But I really like this writing, and the consequence of events as verses and rhymes listed to touch you and move everything towards a grasp of attention and meaning!

Keep it up.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was, to me, as sad and as moving as the movie "The Notebook". Hope you have seen it or my review will be useless to you... LOL. (Good work all the same!)

Posted 15 Years Ago


It is interesting how we fall for people, build them up to be so much and then become disappointed. Because we allowed ourselves to be sold a dream. I think people are always what they have been-- for the most part; unless one makes conscious decisions daily to change.
You made a great point here/ illustrated a feeling that is the beginning of bitterness. "Yesterday he was my lover and friend... Today. Oh today, he doesn't remember." We all have been alone in love or faked out by someone and shocked suddenly at the reality of the situation. And nothing hurts more, than to give yourself wholly to an individual only to be used up. I can definitely relate to the message within your poem. We have ALL been there.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Built castles as high as dreams

Wow, I wish I thought of that. Good poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Nice, an amnesia poem, I didn't see it coming at first.

"Yesterday, we played
On the beach.
Built castles as high as dreams
And watched waves destroy them."

The poems best stanza. I love the allusions to time, how its like waves slowly grinding away our lives and dreams.

Thanks for the awesome reviews!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Ah! Beautiful write.
I loved the intensity of the piece a lot as it's very much deep and full of irony.
I loved both the way you started and ended the piece.
Amazing write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Horrible.

A wonderful write.
......the memories.....yesterday....time....things.......happenings....changes....today....again memories!

as i was reading it...slowly and slowly something is getting inside me...my mind..my heart....
like a sword....and then there is blood...pain...anger.

I never accept this as a fact in general that love is to be lost....forgotten....or in any way to be remembered like this....However .....this piece made me feel your wrath.........and all I can say now is............CUT HIM IN TWO!!!

let there be none.

No MEMORIES.

No YESTERDAY.

an amazing write....a favorite!

thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

KayOss
KayOss

Atlanta, GA



About
Word PowerJun 10, 2009 - Jul 14, 2009 more..

Writing
Autumn Rose Autumn Rose

A Story by KayOss