Who?

Who?

A Story by EternalFlame
"

Had too much coffee on a boring day.

"
My name is Alice Doyle. Similar to everyone else, there is not one particular event that defines who I am or why I have the personality that I do but rather its a combination of all my past experiences. I could go back and try to analyze everything that has ever happened to me but that would make for a very long and boring story. I suppose instead you could just say I was dropped on my head one too many times as a baby. You see, I'm not entirely certain I'm exactly sane, but that doesn't really affect my day-to-day life and like everyone else I have my secrets. However, if you dare to listen I'll tell you everything. Now lets have a look inside my head shall we?
A million tenants screaming, yelling, fighting over space. Not enough room. No one cares about the quiet girl in the corner who looks anything other than angry when she's reading. That's me. And this is America. I'm the guy jumping up and down, excited for no reason other than the fact he's alive, probably too much coffee again. The serious business man you see on his way to work, over stressed and given up on ever loving his not-so-lovely wife anymore? Yeah, that's me too. I am everyone therefor I am no one and whats worse is that I'm just like you. I understand the ways of now, yesteryear and tomorrow, because I've been there, experienced all that there is to experience, I've existed everywhere that time has. I've met God, helped him create the fish, the flowers, and the platypuses. So when I say this you can accurately know it to be true; you are just like me. And nothing ever feels, nor ever will feel just the way it does right this moment, some say that moments are fleeting. Now, this isn't a misconception but moments are just illusions and nothing is, ever was, or will be real. Yet I'm sure even after I have told you this you will continue being the person you think you are but no, you're not. Now, do I dare ask; Do you still want to know who I am? What I am? Because maybe I'm just a crazy someone who belongs in a straight jacket and padded room, but maybe, just maybe I'm something else. Something worse, something human.

© 2012 EternalFlame


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 14, 2012
Tags: Rant, self, ununique, god complex

Author

EternalFlame
EternalFlame

CA



About
Writing isn't really a huge hobby of mine, I don't aspire to be well known or a "poet" or ever get published. However, when life makes me want to pelt angry porcupines at people; a pen and paper alway.. more..

Writing
Unnamed Unnamed

A Poem by EternalFlame